Broken trusts 💔 Unspoken words

Ragini's POV:

My eyes poured non stop when I saw him with Swathi

Swathi??? Didn't he find her a snob??? He would call her names because she was a little arrogant amongst all us cousins. Yes Swathi is also my distant cousin. He got engaged to her???

I couldn't believe it...

That engagement ring in their fingers shined so much that it pricked every nerve in my eyes.

'No...he can't do this...is this some sort of a joke...hahaha...Ajjo this is definitely some misunderstanding...I...I will call Rohit now...He...is definitely been forced into this...he i'

'He is happy with this engagement Ragini' my Ajjo told me and I looked at him.

'No...im... impossible...he loves me Ajjo...we love each other'

'Did he ever tell you this?' I heard my father's roar amidst the killing silence in this house right now...

'Ana... everything need not be said...I can read his eyes' I said to which my father laughed sarcastically.

And brought the mobile close to my face and shouted in my face...
'Read it... come on read it now...he has ditched you Ragini...I knew this would happen. They were always skeptical of a grand engagement party. I got this doubt that very minute when that ever so greedy mother of your lover told me they are ok with a simple ceremony!!! Huhhh for what??? For this???

Dad...I'm calling them now...I cannot take this insult...I won't be able to show my face in the society...this girl didn't leave me in a position to even face the world...such a shame you are to us Ragini...get lost' my father broke down on the sofa and ended up crying.

I was feeling sick in my stomach but my heart was still not ready to accept any of this.

'Charu...give me your phone...I will call my Rohit...he is definitely been trapped in this' saying I began dialling.

My father looked at me in disbelief...
'Is this girl blind...look at these pictures Ragini...he is happy...he is hugging her...these are PDA pictures... please accept the fact...Rohit ditched you'

But I was never ready to accept it. I began dialling his number while my grandfather tried to stop me saying...
'Nakka go Amma (Don't do it dear)'

But I just said a no to him and began dialling. I kept calling him. But he didn't receive my call. Finally after attempting for more than an hour. His number came switched off. I froze.

My father kept cursing me, my mother tried consoling my father but all was in vain and I was still unable to believe that my love...my Rohit ditched me???

But why???
I am much more prettier than her... I am also rich then???

No not possible!!!

I quickly went to get the car keys and started walking towards the parking area. My parents tried to stop me but I didn't...I needed my answers. My car went and stopped outside the "Kamath Vilas"...

Doors were open and I could listen giggling of my aunt and uncle which added more fire into my anger...

'What were those pictures Mamu...Mayi...' I asked and his mother smirked saying...

'My son got happily engaged'

My blood boiled.

'I want to talk to Rohit... Now'

Saying I started taking the stairs calling his name...

'Rohit...Rooohit'
But my aunt pulled me via my forearm and hissed saying....
'My son is happily engaged to someone he deserves...stay away from him'

'Impossible!!! He loves me' I yelled and she chuckled...

'Did he ever tell you? Did he ever promise you?' same question again and I was speechless!!!

' Yes your father came and asked for Rohit's hand...we said let's think over it and meet this coming weekend... now if he assumed it to be an engagement what should I do' she said very casually...

'You are lying...you....you agreed to this na ... Rohit...Rohit loves me' I said this time in a low voice

'He doesn't my dear...and look at yourself...you think my son will love you??? You may have beauty but Swathi has class...you maybe rich ..but Swathi has status...you may tomorrow bring in some jewellery in marriage but Swathi is the daughter of a billionaire...plus she's a double graduate... what are you...??? Your father doesn't even want you to complete graduation...a mere uneducated pretty face cannot settle in the high society parties we attend in Bangalore which my son attends. You are unfit for him in anyway...so now get out from here...or I will make sure to tell the whole world you were desperate about my son and were trying to woo him' and my mouth was left wide open.

I wanted to back answer her but before I could say a word I felt a hand dragging me out of that house...I turned around to see it was my father who was raging in anger. He pulled me and pushed me into my car. I saw the other car had my mother and grandfather. I was been took home.

***

'Shutup Ragini...not another word...we have heard you and tolerated you too...these people want to stomp my years of respect and family name. I am not letting that happen... Specially because of a shameful girl like you...

You will get engaged this weekend...' my father said and I was looking at him in horror now...

'You will Shutup and get engaged to Mukund this weekend' he said and my mother screamed at him...

'Ite kasa manta chi (What are you saying)'

'No Sushma... enough...I have no other go now'

'He has two kids... he is Shalini's husband ...Yes Shalini is no more but how did you forget he is like a brotherly figure to Ragini... Shalini was her elder sister...are you mad?' my grandfather yelled...

'Then what should I do now??? I'm...I'm helpless...you know right I have informed our relatives that Ragini is getting engaged...its never happened before...this is horrible' my dad collapsed.

My grandfather shouted at my dad...
'Sumant... enough...stop acting like her life has come to an end...it's just an engagement...' and my dad looked at my grandfather...

'No Dad...it's not...you know Ragini's proposal will never be an easy affair for us...no one would want to marry a girl who is diabetic at 21!! You know there will be complications after marriage...this is why I always wanted her to marry him...he wouldn't mind'

And listening to his mention my anger spurted up!!!

'What nonsense...We have spoken this before...My diabetes is my problem...if I cannot conceive tomorrow it's my problem...but I cannot marry that 'HIM' of yours and Mukund Bhavaji is like my brother... NEVER!!!' I yelled...

I was leaving while my grandfather held my hand saying...
'What is wrong with HIM Ragini? He is a good man'

And I looked at my grandfather saying...
'Everything!!!
He is a walking timetable Ajja...
He looks like a joker...
Behaves like a teacher..
Lives like a stoner!!!

I'm sorry ...that HIM of yours is nowhere my choice'

While my father shouted...
'We saw your choice Ragini... now you are no longer left with a CHOICE

You must marry Siddhesh!!!'

And I shouted into my father's face...
'Never...I will die but not marry that joker'

And suddenly my mother screamed.

We saw my grandfather collapsing on the floor!!!

I was shaken!!!