From a thunderstorm ⛈️👧to a Rainbow 🌈💃🥀 - Part 2

Siddhesh's POV:

I sat next to her while she still curled up in her bed

I sat next to her while she still curled up in her bed...She was looking sad and grumpy.

'Ok...Ragini... have you seen the sky today?' I asked her and she didn't turn around...

'Its beautiful you know' I said bending closer to her ears...she covered herself in her comforter. I smiled at this 13 year old's bubbling frustration. But I didn't want to leave her alone. Because she is my only friend here and I want my friend to smile. I couldn't see tears in her big button like eyes.

I took a few steps towards the balcony and shouted a little loudly...
'Ohhhh woooow... rainbow post a thunderstorm is the best thing to watch...so colorful' I said and I saw her slowly popping her head out of the comforter trying to look at me... I was observing her from the mirror.

I smiled.

'It's beautiful...some people will miss this sight but it's ok...'

And next minute she came running to me...
'Where is the rainbow??? Where show me show me' she said and I smiled. I showed her the sky painted Vibgyor and her teary face suddenly light up. Her twinkling eyes shined happily. I love to see her smile. Her tears ache my heart. She began jumping happily but next minute she winced in pain...

'Ahhhhhh.... Mummmaaa' she cried in pain. I held her by her shoulders while I saw tears resurfacing on her face. I wiped them.

Made her sit on the small bamboo swing in the balcony and asked her...
'Shhhh...stop crying... why are you crying'

And I saw her looking elsewhere...
'Go Siddhuuu... don't touch me' she pushed me and I held her shoulders again and said...

'Ragini...you got your periods today correct?' and I saw her pushing me away and a tint of discomfort in her eyes. Her eyes filled up and she burst out crying. She hugged me tightly.

'Raginiiii...yaar....it's natural...you are growing up ..why are you crying' I asked her and she fisted my tshirt collar tightly and continued crying...

'My friends said I'm impure now...I will get this dirty blood every month...now I must behave matured because now I'm a big girl...' and I smiled asking...

'Ok... firstly you don't need to behave matured...you will automatically grow up to be a matured woman and you don't need to pretend it...okayyy' I said pulling her cheeks and her button like eyes filled up again...

'Raginiiiii......see that rainbow there... isn't it beautiful? Do you know how a rainbow appears? When there are raindrops and sunlight coming together it forms this glossy looking scattering light which forms rainbow to human eyes...' she looked at me and the rainbow again...I smiled and continued...

'Basically if there are no rains then how will a rainbow shine? How will you appreciate it? How would sky look this mesmerizing?' I asked and she still blinked...