He's a gem ❤️

Mukund's POV:

Ragz is a cheerful girl

Ragz is a cheerful girl. But then heartbreak disturbs the most peaceful person in this world. Ragz wasn't any less. Rohit and Ragini were childhood friends than cousins. I have seen both kids growing up together but it came as a shocker to me when Ragini told all of us that she wants to marry Rohit. Dad was dead against this. He hated Kamaths because they were all chameleons who only knew money and Ragini out of all had chosen to marry Rohit.

It didn't come as a surprise to me that Rohit ditched her. But Siddhesh being Rohit's replacement that was definitely a shocker to me because Ragini hates Siddhu due to whatever happened in the past. Although Siddhu was proven innocent Ragini doesn't trust that. Some wounds don't heal. Indeed true.

Today we have gathered to discuss about Ragini's proposal to Siddhu. Ajjo was brought home today morning after 4 days. I have appointed a nurse to keep a constant eye on him. Dad wanted me to be here when he would discuss with Siddhu about Ragini's and his engagement. So here we are sitting in the garden area of Nayak Nivas with my father in law who desperately wants this proposal to be fixed and Siddhu who has no clue of what is coming his way. Siddhu was numb ever since Ragini misbehaved with him that night and since then they have never come face to face. Siddhu who always stayed in Nayak Nivas insisted on staying in my house instead of here probably he had sensed the discomfort. But this is going to be a shocker for the boy now.

'Siddhu...how are you son?' Dad (my father in law) asked him standing up and plucking yellow faded leaves from the jade plants in the large porch facing the huge fountain outside Nayak Nivas.

'Im good Mamu (uncle)...I hope you all are good...' he said softly

'No we are not son...you said you would stay here but you went to Mukund's apartment. Are you upset with us?' Dad asked and Siddhu smiled saying...

'Can I ever Mamu...I wanted to come to meet you personally but I had some work commitments...you know I had this meeting so I ha'

Dad shut him down saying 'I know about Ragini's outburst son...you know her...she is still immature... please don't mind her'

'No Mamu...why are you saying that... Ragini didn't do anything...she was tensed for Ajjo and maybe it was just her tension...I ....I understand Mamu...I know our Ragini' he said and Dad smiled.

I smiled too.
Siddhu hasn't changed a bit. He was the same then. He is still the same. The protective shield for Ragini. But the only difference is Ragini started feeling this care as an obstacle and now absolutely hates it because of what she still assumes to be true for Siddhu. She still thinks he did it although it was proven he didn't. Ofcourse Siddhu was never in her desirable books but he wasn't into her disliked books too. But now she hates him and probably after this proposal she would hate him even more.

'Siddhu I don't go around the bush...straight to the point...I want you to marry Ragini' Dad said and next minute Siddhesh choked on his tea badly. I literally tapped his head and tried to calm him down.

He stood up in one go and said...
'Mamu this is a joke right? Ragini and me...we are no match...you know it..'

'I know it that's why I feel no one can handle my arrogant and stubborn daughter like you can Siddhu' he said and Siddhesh looked elsewhere saying

'Sorry Mamu...you know I can never hurt Ragini and if you know that then you would also know that I will never do anything beyond her wish...we have grown up together and I can't hurt her... Never...' Siddhesh said and Dad turned around and asked...

'Not even for my sake Siddhu? I have brought you up...I am your father figure after your parents expired in that accident... now when I want to give you my life's biggest responsibility you want to run away .. huhhh....so you are also the same coward and selfish kind who doesn't want to marry a girl who is diabetic since her teenage' Dad said angrily

Siddhu quickly held Dad's hand and said 'Mamu...you really think I can do that? I am your Siddhesh Mamu..you are the reason I have grown into an independent individual today. Yes I had dad's property and money when I came to your house but unlike all other cousin's of my father, you stood by me tall and strong so that whatever dad left over for me and my education reaches me, my home in London, my ancestral home in Karkala none of them go to my father's greedy cousins. Who was I? Your wife's brother's son. You need not have done it for me but you did...You and Mayi (aunty) and Ajjo are my only family. Will I ever do that to you?' he said with tears in his eyes. He took her thick glasses and wiped his tears and continued...

'Ragini is my childhood bestie and my only cousin who stood by me when everyone made fun of me for my stuttering habit. She encouraged me to take up therapy. After my parents accident she was the one who was with me. A 12 year old Ragini took care of a 18 year old Siddhesh Mamu. I can never thank her enough for what she has been in my life and her diabetes...huhhh...' he smiled...

'Bound to happen to her... because she is the sweetest girl I know on this planet earth...yes we have our issues ..but that's never the reason for me saying no to this...it's just that your daughter is way more beautiful for me Mamu. I am more a comfort driven, under confident man when it came to my looks. She is a young college going girl who wants a boy who looks like Hrithik, charms her like Shahrukh and is smart like Aamir. I am neither of them. I am a simple man. No where even close to her expectations. She wants a boy who can smash bones, to sing duets with her. She wants a boy all dreamy and I don't even watch bollywood. She likes partying and I go to bed by 9. You think we can marry? We are a disaster' Siddhu said with a smile.

Adding a line that literally made me realise again why is he a gem...
'We don't have any rights to take away anybody's dreams and their happiness Mamu... Ragini is special...she deserves the best'

And Dad added...'Exactly Siddhu...you are the best' that's why we want your hand for Ragini.

Siddhu smiled sadly saying...
'What if she loves someone else'

'Rohit has dumped her Siddhu' Dad said with tears in his eyes and Siddhesh was shocked.

'There must be a misunderstanding Mamu...I know they were'

'Dating??? Huhhh...he got engaged to Swathi few days ago... causing this chaos' Dad said and Siddhu was shocked.

'Siddhu I don't want to hide anything from you son...it's just that I was thinking on how to tell' Dad added and Siddhu smiled saying

'I knew it a year ago itself Mamu' and we both were shocked.

There was silence and finally Siddhesh said...
'Please ask Ragini...if she is ok to take me as her life partner I have no objections.' saying he walked back into the house while I saw dad smiling happily saying

'Lets do arrangements for the engagement...Let's get them engaged tomorrow' and hugged me.

I had a confused smile.

I didn't know what to say...

Because Ragini didn't want this marriage, Siddhesh is ready to marry her because he respects Mamu a lot and maybe likes Ragini a lot however strangely Ragini hates him from the bottom of her heart.

This looked more like a boxing ring to me where Ragini will only punch and Siddhu will only defend. Because he is too soft to punch back.

That boy is still the sweet one. I don't know why I always felt he had a crush on Ragini. Well I just hope so... Because if this marriage is happening...

The only hope for this marriage to survive would be Siddhesh.