Why HIM ⁉️ Why NOT HIM❤️

Ragini's POV:

I was sitting numb outside the Cathlab in MMC Hospital

I was sitting numb outside the Cathlab in MMC Hospital. My heart was beating real bad and my eyes kept pouring non stop.
My dad were moving non stop and my mother was praying to every power on this planet. Just then the Cath lab door opened and Mukund Bhavaji (brother in law) came out saying...

'It was a minor attack. We have given him sedatives and we have kept him under observation...don't worry Dad I will personally monitor it...But I need to talk to you and Ragini... please come to my cabin' saying he left to his cabin and we followed him.

'Dad how could you repeat something like this ...You know he has a weak heart...you know the complications we saw recently in his case now again you folks are doing this? And Ragz you...I didn't expect this from you...Dad got emotional but you...you don't know me or what baby...You are my Shalini's sister...I have always seen you as my sister Ragz...' Mukund Bhavaji said and I hugged him tightly.

'Mukund don't say that... please...you know her health issues...no one will marry her' to which Mukund Bhavaji said firmly...

'Dad please...It's Just diabetes...she can conceive...please don't overthink about what Dr Singh said ..and I treat her like a sister...I have seen her since she was 7...for god's sake don't do this to me ..I cannot...And you Ragz...you have to accept the fact that Rohit dumped you...yes he dumped you...he left to Australia with his newly engaged fiance and friends for a trip and next month he will join a new organization where Swathi's father has referred him in London. Do you realise this now atleast??? It's money darling...he has dumped you... that bloody ...I will rip of his skin' Mukund Bhavaji said gritting his teeth and now I was completely shattered. I hugged him tightly and cried. He was the only sibling figure in my life after my sister Shalini expired 5 years ago to a terminal illness. Since then Bhavaji is more like a son to our family.

After sometime my dad stood up from his seat while I still was sobbing and said...
'Mukund will my father be ok by the weekend...'

'I can't say anything Dad...he needs rest' Mukund Bhavaji said and my dad looked at me, I was still hugging Bhavaji and crying...

'Ragini I am talking to Siddhu regarding your and his match...If he agrees which I know he would never deny...we will get you engaged this weekend' my father broke the bomb helplessly and Mukund Bhavaji hugged me tighter as I cried more...he looked at dad saying...

'Dad please. .I know you are worried for her...But please understand her perspective too .. and Siddhu...we can't force him. You know out of obligation he will never say no to you .. don't do this Dad...it's marriage...it's not some joke' and I hugged Bhavaji more he was consoling me.

'Look Mukund...it's simple...she was given a choice and he dumped her..now it's my choice and that's final...' saying he walked to the door.

Just then he said...
'Siddhu's flight will be landing in an hour. He has already reached from London to Bangalore and will be here in Mangalore by another 2 hours. Wash your face behave yourself. I don't want your drama in front of him. I don't want any broken engagement melo drama infront of him. Thank god I only told our relatives and friends that you are getting engaged to your cousin. I didn't tell them the name...I don't want anymore drama...and han...no drama crying cursing in front of your grandfather. Let people live ..show some sympathy towards us' saying my father left from the room. I collapsed.

***
Bhavaji visited Ajjo again and came back saying he is stable. But still needs to be kept in ICU for a minimum of 24 hrs.
My Bhavaji forced my parents to eat and sent them home to take some rest. I stayed here with Bhavaji as I couldn't go home. My heart wouldn't listen. Charu stayed with us.
We three picked a cup of coffee each and sat in Bhavaji's cabin while Bhavaji looked at me and asked...

'Why NOT Him? Why Ragz...He is a good man...yes he looks a bit wierd and is a little over the top but darling looks and personality matter but only after the person having a good heart. That's most important. Siddhu is a pure soul Ragz. I have seen him since he was 13. He is a decent child now grown into a self made, humble man. Your father feels proud to have brought him up. He came to your house when his parents expired in that car accident. You both have played together. He has dropped you to tuitions, school, played with you. So what is the problem' my Bhavaji asked and I looked at him.

'That is exactly the problem Bhavaji...He is not like anyone...he is'

My words died in my mouth when I heard a stern voice from behind...

'Mukund Bhavaji' and I froze.

Mukund Bhavaji got up from his seat and hugged him. He stood exactly behind me but I didn't want to see his face.
What's there to see in it mocked my brain!!!

'Is he ok...I can take him to London... please save him... nothing should happen to him..I don't have my grandfather...he is my only one... please Bhavaji' I could hear the pain in his voice.

'He is stable Siddhu... don't worry... please calm down' he said and I could hear him sob a bit. I turned slightly to look at him.

Standing there again in a over-sized grey 3 piece suit...oiled up hair...I could see him remove his black framed glasses and wipe his damp eyes.

I felt bad for him too. He is going through the same pain as me. After all we together heard Ramayana stories from Ajjo since childhood. He was equally attached to Ajjo like me. It brought fresh tears in my eyes and I couldn't control myself. I broke down yet again and this time he turned around and saw me...

'Ra...Ragini...' he said and I could see his red eyes...his face was stained with dried tears...his moustache was slightly wet...his dark cycles clearly said he didn't sleep a bit and his always oiled and cropped hair was messy oily today. His distress was seen as well.

He came to console me...
'Ragini... please don't cry Ajjo would be fine'

But the immediate hatred arouse in me. This man!!! This man!!! I can't marry him...Why on earth is he me cousin???
I hate him!!!

I just pushed his hand and shouted at him...

'You are a curse to me Siddhesh...stay away from me' I left the cabin in one go.

He stood rooted to his place without understanding anything.

I could hear Mukund Bhavaji trying to stop me but I cared nothing.

I just want to cry. Everything messed up.
First Rohit ditched me...
Then Dad blasted at me...
Ajjo had a heart attack

And now this man Siddhesh Pai !!!