Dinner and ... friends?

“Thank you everyone for coming and I’ll see you again on Wednesday!” Mia spoke and waved goodbye to her audience, she carefully placed her guitar inside the case and swung it over her shoulders, she then casually walked over to Usui.

 “I thought about the offer, and seeing that I’m kinda hungry, I’d love to go to dinner.” as she finished, Usui let out a breathe he didn’t know he was holding, though he would never admit it, but he spent the last song waiting for her answer and it was probably the longest 3 minutes he’s ever been through.

 “Great! Shall we get going?” he offered his arm to her

 “Yeah but I have to make a quick call, could you watch my guitar?” she asked, handling him the guitar and dashed to the bathroom. Mia pulled out her flip-phone and started to dial her home number “Come on Annie, pick up, pick up, pick up ... Oh Annie! Sorry baby, I won’t be home tonight, dinner’s in the fridge, help yourself. Alright? That’s my girl! See ya!” She quickly put away her phone and went out of the bathroom only to find Usui standing right at the entrance.

 “Wow!” she gasped in surprise “How long have you been there?”

 “Since you went in.” he replied calmly

 “You can be really creepy you know that?”

 “Of course I do. Now, shall we?” he offered his arm to her again

 “We shall!” she replied and took his arm “Oh, my guitar!”

 “I’ll carry it for you.”

 “You’d do that?” she asked softly and he nodded “Thank you!” she smiled to herself as they walked out of the coffee house.

 ~~~~Tiny time skip~~~~

 “So you’re telling me you’ve never read a Harry Potter book?” Mia asked with a look of disbelief while picking on her spaghetti. They’re currently eating in a high class restaurant in which Mia denied in the beginning but Usui managed to persuade her to come in.

 “No.” he replied calmly, poking a piece of steak

 “Did you at least watched a single movie?”

 “Uh uh.” he shook his head

 “I’m shocked, I’m speechless, I don’t know what to say.”

 “Well Miss. I-read-Harry-Potter-and-possibly-every-other-books-in-the-world, why is it so shocking that I never read or watched it? I know what it’s about, I know the ending, I know the plot and the characters.”

 “So what? You never read the books, those things doesn’t count. When you read it, you’ll get addicted to it, that’s how good the books are.”

 They continued eating and chatting through the night in a warm, cozy restaurant. None of them noticed but it seems like they both shared a smile that never faded throughout the evening. Through that little dinner, Usui has learned a lot about Mia like how both of her parents are scientists and her sister has a mega-brain like them, although she loves science, she wants to be a performer which is perhaps the reason why she has a part-time job as a singer at a coffee shop.

 “I don’t know how I want to be a performer, it just kinda came to me. I always love to see artists on stage, either acting or singing or both; they’re not just cool, they’re inspiring and suddenly, I want to be like them. My mom questions me so much because she wants to get me into science but then my dad just goes ‘If that’s what you want.’ so I decided to be a performer, that’s my dream!”

 “That’s a beautiful dream. But then tell me, if you want to be a performer, why did you say no when I asked you if I could come watch you?” Mia let out a chuckle

 “I guess I just get more nervous when someone I know watch me. Plus, we go to the same school, it just make me more nervous than ever. I mean if I suck then you’d tell people from school and they’d make fun of me and ...”

 “Hold it there!” Usui immediately cut her off “First, do you really think you suck when people cheer so loud for your song? Second, even if you did suck - which doubt will happen in a million years - why would I tell people about it? I’m your friend.”

 “Friend?” Mia asked, looking up to meet his eyes

 “We’re friends right?”

 “Yeah, we are.” she smiled brightly, revealing pearly white teeth. Usui’s breathe was caught in his throat for a moment as he admired her face. “Wait ... What time is it?” suddenly Mia snapped out and grabbed his watch. “Oh wow, it’s late! I have homework.”

 “Then we better get going.”

~~~~Another tiny little time skip~~~~

 “Sooo ... Mr. I-have-tons-of-fans-both-female-and-male, do you do this a lot?” Mia asked mockingly as they walked down the lighted street

 “Do what?” Usui asked, apparently confused

 “Spoiling girls.”

 “You lost me.”

 “What I meant was, did you notice that my spaghetti went to your wallet too? Or did you do this so many times you don’t even care?” he laughed, she can be sarcastic in any situation.

 “Of course I noticed, there were only 2 dishes, not a hundred. And plus, I don’t do this a lot, I don’t think I ever did.”

 “Now I feel special.” Mia said sarcastically

 “You should, because you are.”

 “How so?”

 “I don’t know, but I know you are.” they both stopped walking and looked at each other for a while “Plus, you’ve got a pretty nice figure.” he smirk, scanning her from head to toe then met her eyes which held a ‘What the hell?’ look “Oh I should warn you, now that we’re friends, I’m gonna comment on you and your body much more often.”

 “Ok? Strange, but I think I can handle it.” she kept on walking but stopped as they reached a T-cross “And also, I think I can continue from now by myself.” Mia reached out to grab her guitar case but Usui pulled it out of her reach

 “Where’s your house?”

 “Just a few blocks, around the corner, near the institution.”

 “That seems close.” he said sarcastically “I’ll walk with you.”

 “Oh you don’t have to, it’s late, you should ...”

 “Exactly, it’s late, it’s not safe for you to walk around alone. I’ll go with you, it’s fine!” he smiled, reassuringly

 “You’d do that? Thanks! Really, I appreciate it!”

 They kept on walking and chatting, jokes and pokes were sent off from both sides, laughter filled the street. They walked into a compound near the science institution and stopped in front of a small house.

 “Ok, thanks for liking my performance, thanks for taking me to dinner, for promising me you won’t tell anyone where I work, for paying my dinner, for carrying my guitar, ... What else am I missing? Oh, and for lending me your scarf, it’s really warm!” Mia reached around her neck and tried to take off the scarf to return to Usui but he held her wrists and stopped her.

 “Keep it on until you’re inside! You can return it to me later.”

 “Oh, ok. Thanks for that too!” There was a long silence between the two as none knows what to say but it wasn’t awkward, it was rather calm and relaxing “So, I’ll see you at school tomorrow?” Mia decided to break the silence and ran toward the entrance of the building

 “See ya, friend.” he whispered, making her turn back, smiling lightly

 “Bye ... friend!” she whispered then ran off into the house, his turquoise scarf flowing behind her.

 “Friends huh?” Usui whispered to himself as he watched her from behind “That’s a huge step in one day.” he smirked to himself