Secrets uncovered

11: 20 pm ... A figure stood, staring out his window.

 11: 21 pm ... Another figure sat, staring out her window.

 If minds can be connected, they sure would be talking to each other.

 “Mia ...” whispered the boy as he clutched her blue scarf tighter.

 “Usui ...” whispered the said girl, leaning on her balcony.

 “What are you thinking?” they both asked at the same time to no-one in particular, but both knew who that question was aimed at.

Sekai azamuku yuruginai seigi

Hodoite shinjitsu kono te no naka

 ‘What are you hiding from me? Don’t you trust me?’

 ‘There are some things I think I shouldn’t tell you. Some places in my mind that nobody ever went.’

 ‘Tell me anything. I’ll always be there for you because ... I love you!’ Usui lowered his head, knowing that message wasn’t gonna be delivered to her anytime soon.

Daitan futeki na kage ga karei ni odoru

Kimi ga kakushiteru himitsu itsuka kikasete yo

Nobashita te de fureru koto wa dare mo dekinai

Kimi ga kakushiteru sekai boku ni misasete yo

 “Meow!” a tiny little creature called out to the boy, distracting him from his thoughts.

 “Licht, come here!” he said gently, to his surprise, the kitten turned away, holding her chin up in the air and with a wave of the tail, she walked away from him. Signing, he bent down and swoop the kitten into his hands “What’s wrong with you today Licht?” but the kitten squirmed and jumped out of his arm.

 “Licht, come here. What’s wrong with you?” but the kitten kept walking away “Licht, a beautiful woman walked out of my life today. Don’t tell me you are too.” the kitten stopped walking and turned her head to listen “Tell me what’s troubling you.” with that, the sassy little creature, turned around and ran into his lap, snuggling in his stomach.

Yureru nankai na kokoro

Tokiakashite ubau sono hitomi

Fuangatte naitetatte mitsukerannai yo

Nerau shinjitsu wa doko e kieta

 “There you go! Not mad anymore?”

 “Meow!”

 ‘I’ll take that as a ‘no’!’ he smiled, petting the kitten. Suddenly, his eyes snapped open in realization ‘That’s it!’ Putting the kitten in a clean tea cup, he rambled to get dressed, picking up her blue scarf and ran out the door.

Tatoe sekai azamuku kotae da to shite mo

"Shinjite" sashidasu tenohira

Kesshite nigenai kowaku wa nai kara

Me wo ake yowasa wo kakikesunda