The chase

Pushing the door of the coffee shop open, Usui was greeted by that familiar singing voice that he loved. ‘Deja vu!’ he thought. On stage, Mia was so into the music she was playing that she didn’t notice the figure that just came in.

 ‘Why did she lie to me?’ he asked himself as Mia thanked the audience and ran off stage, packing her guitar to go home ‘Maybe I shouldn’t follow, she’s sharp.’ Usui thought and hid in a dark corner, out of Mia’s sight as she walked out of the door.

 ~~~~Time skip~~~~

 A few days later, Mia kept avoiding Usui, she’s everywhere that he’s not; he’s been meaning to talk to her in private but she’s either hanging-out in the student council or with Misaki. Even at lunch, she isn’t at the rooftop where they usually have lunch and chat.

 ‘What has happened? It’s like my whole life flipped after that kiss and not in a good way.’ he wondered as he anxiously stepped up the stairs to the rooftop for he has spotted her figure and her long, brown hair flying in the wind. Opening the door quietly, he saw Mia resting her arms on the wall of the rooftop.

 “Mia.” he whispered loud enough for her to hear, the said girl slowly turned her head back and her eyes widened in surprise “Here, in case you’re bored.” he handed her a lollipop and stood next to her.

 “Thanks!” she whispered, smiling lightly.

 There was a huge moment of silence between the two, the silence which is deafening as their brains constantly shouting out to them things to say, words to exchange.

 “The school looks a bit nicer today, don’t you think?” Mia finally broke the silence.

 “Autumn is a second Spring when every leaf is a flower.” Usui quoted.

 “Albert Camus”

 “We have a winner!” he cheered with a bored tone and expression. Mia chuckled slightly making the boy’s lips twitched up into a smile as well. They both signed simultaneously and leaned back on the wall of the rooftop.

 Another deadly silence.

 “Actually, I think I should go, Student Council Meeting.” Mia said quickly as she stood up straight and grabbed her bag.

 “Mia, you were never IN the Student Council. You don’t have to go.” Usui held her wrist, preventing her from running away.

 “It’s more like a private meeting between me and Misaki.”

 “Mia, you’re a great actress, but I cannot bring myself to believe that. Mia, are you avoiding me?” Usui looked in her blue eyes with dead serious expression “Mia, what’s the problem? Is it the kiss?” she was opening her mouth to say something but the school bell rang and cut her off.

 “No, everything is fine, I’m just a bit tired and busy these days. I should get to class.” she excused herself and ran into the building, once again, leaving the blond alone. Signing painfully, he placed his hand on the wall of the rooftop, remembering that moment when he kissed her ...

 “What have I done?” he whispered to himself.

 ~~~~Time skip~~~~

 It’s been a week since Usui sneaked out of the hospital to see Mia and she’s still avoiding him. She would say that she’s got some business to do then ran off and he’d catch her singing in the coffee shop; she’s always with somebody else (and that somebody else just happens to be Misaki), making him unable to have a private conversation with her.