An opportunity for a promising future

"I'm sorry I'm late!" Mia ran into the auditorium for the final rehearsals for the school shows.

"HURRY!!" the director yelled jokingly.

"I'm also sorry I'm late!" said Usui as he jumped into his seat, holding the violin.

"Thank God you're here!" the conductor sighed in relief.

"Alright people!" shouted the director "We have 6 hours and I want to run this about twice. SO HIT IT!" to her words, music started playing, light shone on a single spot light, signaling the opening of the musical.

~~~~Time skip~~~~

"You think after the exam, we can finally take a break and enjoy our lives." Mia said, stretching herself after the rehearsal.

"Sadly, we still have to work hard for another week, 3 nights in a row." Usui replied, putting away his violin.

"I don't want to think of it as a sad thing. We both signed ourselves into this."

"But at least I get to watch Mia sing and dance. Though I would prefer it if no-one else was in the auditorium." The last sentence was said in a quiet but dark and sadistic tone. The girl tried to ignore it and changed the subject of the conversation.

Walking out of the auditorium, their eyes widen to see Jack, Annie and Misaki throwing leaflets and posters around school.

"Please come to the school's first ever musical!" Misaki said enthusiastically "Boys who made an effort to come will have a chance to get out of my black list."

"This is one of the most famous Broadway musical. A heart-wrenching story with touches of humor here and there told by most talented actors through music. Surely a sight to see." Jack promoted.

"And what's even more, the credit scene will have the lead of the show, Amelia along with the lead of the string section, Usui will have a little moment of fairy tale roma-argh!" Annie shriek and jumped as she felt a finger poked right into her tickle bone. 'Only one person knows this trick.' She thought.

"What the hell were you people doing?" asked Mia with a dark tone and an equally dark face.

"We were advertising for the school play of course. It's part of my job as the Student Council President." The blackette explained.

"It's part of my responsibility to make sure that you have an audience on the first time you play the lead." Said Jack in encouragement. Mia glanced at her sister, waiting for an explanation.

"I'm just here to spread rumors and hope that it will annoy you." She said with an innocent face, earning another poke to her rib.

"Misaki, if you have to, you have to. If you made this up, I'll rip you to pieces. Jack, thank you but you don't have to. Annie," she came closer to the girl, their faces inches away, the little girl can see every bits of evilness on her sister's face "mind doing the dishes tonight?"

"Like you can scare me! What's my crime?"

"Spreading rumors. And I don't like rumors."

"Oh come on! Be more gossip-y, take some rumors and make it into a story once in a while. After all, it's just for the sake of advertisement."

"Fine, spread some rumors but nothing similar to the one you just spread."

"What was the one I just spread?"

"The one that irritates me therefore I will not repeat it."

"Which one is 'the one that irritates you therefore, you will not repeat it'?"