Clean lights

Lilith's POV

Have you ever had a moment that could've been just like in those movies? Where the person suddenly wakes up, bright white lights shine into the eyes and the dark eyelids slowly reveal the location. It was just like that. My head was pounding and I felt a small tube from the crook of my arm wandering into a flask. I wasn't sure where I was but I had the instant thought of being in a hospital.
I felt this incredible pain in my leg and my arm seemed a bit too stiff.
„Lil..." a soft voice enters my ear. I know exactly who it is, it's ghoste. Even though I'm mad about him for not really answering my phone calls when I needed him, I am glad he is here. I look at him with a crooked smile: „could you please turn off the lights? It's so bright." he laughs and regulates the brightness to a nicer atmosphere. „What happened?" He asked me while taking my hand and slowly drawing circles on it with his thumb. His voice sounds concerned but at the same time is any emotion missing. I try to give him the most important parts of the story but I can't. The memories keep pushing my brain to every edge. It's like I'm living through hell. Every little detail that reminds me of that evening hurts. It's like it's burned into my skin like a memory that can never be removed from that place. I've always had bad luck. I was always the traumatized kid that went to therapy after school. I always got the bad guys, the ones that insulted you, that blamed you and that were never there when needed. Ghoste was not one of those, he would never cheat on me. Or leave me hanging on the street. He is not like those other guys, even though he sometimes seems like he doesn't belong to me. It's strange. I remember the feeling I had yesterday, it was gone. I don't know if its the body that is not letting me run away from my thoughts and all this. Or if it is my mind that saw what happened when I try to run. At this moment time isn't feeling eternal anymore. It's normal, not too fast, not too slow. My train of thoughts gets interrupted by a nurse coming inside my room saying: "it's time for dinner Miss Ridley! Glad that you're awake. You must've slept almost a day. I also brought your medication." My throat tightens by the word dinner. Something I quite like to skip...
"Uh... I'm not hungry actually." I try to end the situation with these words. The nurse smiles and puts down the dishes on my side table: "Oh you have to eat my dear. Otherwise the medication will be too strong. It's always good to have something in your belly! You're so small, you deserve it! Also no guests after dinner, so you'll have to leave Mister." He nods and gives me a goodbye kiss: "I'll think of you when I go to sleep." He kisses another time my forehead. While leaning forward he must've kicked the little Jogurt from the table of to the ground, now the strawberry pink snack is scattered around the floor. His head turns red like he was caught up in the act of something. "Oh it's alright I will just clean that up!" The nurse quickly interrupts him looking at the mess. Eric leaves and I'm alone with the nurse staring at the food. A two slices of bread, some butter, marmalade and a slice of cheese. I decide to eat one slice of bread with marmalade and search for the pill for some reason it's gone. The little blue container, that could be a shot glass is empty. No pill. I decide to call the nurse, that quickly comes inside to have a look. She takes a look under the bed, around the table but it's nowhere. "I am sorry miss but I cannot bring you another one. I heard your friend talking about addiction the other day. Maybe you wanna have a talk to our doctor in that case. He is really nice and he won't tell the police! I promise." She smiles quirky and is about to leave where this tank of thoughts explode, I scream at her: "I don't have a fucking drug problem! I am suffering in pain, I got shot and everything is too much. Now you're telling me that I have a goddamn drug problem and I just wanna be fine." She leaves without another word. The pain from my leg drains through to my arm and tears build up in my eyes. I have probably never talked to a person like that. It cost me all my energy. The tears of pains run down my cheek and I couldn't sleep that night. It was horrible everything was hurting I felt parts of my body that I didn't knew existed. You could hear my cries down the hall it was like hell. Why is no one helping me? Why do they think of me like that? Why me? Why did she forget me? Why was the container empty? Was it her fault? Did I take the pill and just forget about it? Am I getting forgetful? Would it hurt this bad if I took the pill? I didn't want to say that Eric must've taken it but...

Scrim's POV

I was sitting down on the front porch smokin ma blunt and going through all these situations. The memories of yesterday morning. It was about 5am when she called me up. I was still awake because I couldn't sleep that night. Something kept me awake like it always does. I always had sleep problems so receiving the call made me instantly jump. Why would she just not come in? I mean the "home" she is sharing with this dib shit is right in-front of my fucking house. It had to be something serious. I remember the drive to the hospital, we had money but an ambulance would've been way too expensive! I wraped the sleeve of my shirt around her thigh to protect her leg from bleeding too much. I heard her desperate screams of pain. She was not able to talk or explain the situation really, she was just left there on the ground her clothes were sweaty and torn apart. I gave her everything I had to cover up her body. The night must've felt like pure hell for her. I tried to call Eric the morning but he wouldn't pick up the phone. He didn't deserve her.
"Hey dawg, what'cha doin?" Ruby sits next to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders. I look down to my shoes: "just thinkin you know? Smokin a blunt. Like everyday." I pass the blunt to him as he takes some puffs: "You seem a bit strange you know? What's up dude? You seem like someone stole your mind. Is it because of ghoste? He seems to bug you." Just the name makes me want to punch a whole in the wall: "he's a fake dipshit! He treats Lilith like shit you know what I'm sayin? She is just... this..." Ruby smiles: "I know you really like her. But it's her choice who she's lovin'. And bitches come and go. By the way I made a fucking amazing hook you need to put these emotions into our new song. Will be fire!" Ruby gets up and lifts me up. "Thanks dude." I smile for the moment.