The sound of Violin

Lilith's POV:
Finally! Finally has the day arrived that I have been waiting for so long. It's my first day of school again... Even though I was scared to death I was excited to finally have a proper morning routine again, the need to get out of the house and to learn something to get an education.
I have been working for the boys a bit, helping them out on their new album and earning some money so I can pay off the hospital bill.
It's all coming together again. All those broken pieces find a place where they somehow fit. It's still not right the puzzle of my heart is still not done but at least these thousands of pieces find a way to repair me even though it's not how I wanted it to be.
I still haven't heard something from Eric... it's been two months now since he left. And since one month he also left his social life.
I wasn't stalking him but... I checked his instagram well... daily. Since 32 days nothing. Emptiness, no livestreams, no posts, no stories nothing. No sign is telling me if he is alive.
What if he is really dead? What if he took his life? Maybe he died of an overdose? Is he okay? Is he hurt? Can I save him?
Again the train of thoughts blows this card house I built up like a hurricane. My heart, shattered. Again and again and again.
But no. I can't. I can't save him. He is old enough to take responsibility for himself... But still... No! No young lady, I think of myself. You won't chase this asshole, he is no asshole he just has prob... shhh shhh you won't chase this... man like he is some kind of reward! You are an almost independent woman and you have better people to look up to.
I try to convince myself with this inner monologue but it's not working. The reflection of myself looks different. It's not like it used to be. It's... smaller. Somehow weaker, a bit paler and even more tired. I stare at myself, my eyes are fixed to my face and it looks like I'm searching for an answer in my eyes. Maybe an answer I don't even know the question for...
„Towel" a male voice cracked out of the shower behind me.
„Huh?" I reply because it ripped me out of my thoughts and left me in void.
Ruby sticks his head out of the shower curtain: „the towel please." he repeats and I nod: „sorry I was in thoughts." I hand him the towel and he wraps it around his bare body.
Privacy isn't a standard we can afford. The tiny shotgun house in the 7th ward in New Orleans has 4 rooms. When you enter you're in the living room and kitchen, it's just a longer room with an open kitchen. To the left are three doors. The first one is Rubys room the second one is the bathroom and the third one is Scrims room. The boys actually got me a new couch so I crash in the living room. Everything is really squished together and there isn't really space for two people in the bathroom but we have to. There is no other option, either share it or one won't be able to shower. Ruby gets out of the shower bath combination and stands on the toilet so I can enter the shower and give him the space to do his stuff in the bathroom. Stepping into the shower, I take off my clothes and throw them on the floor next to Ruby. He is brushing his teeth and looks at him in the mirror. His brown long hair is wet and not as curly as usually, he looks back at me: „you happy about today?" Ruby asks me with his toothbrush in his mouth making it almost impossible to understand him. I think for a second and pop my head behind the curtain: „yeah... I mean... I think so. But I also enjoyed working with you guys! But it'll be the best." i turn on the shower and the cold water is running down my back. The water has been cold for the last few days but there was no money for a plumber to look at the sanitary.
I got ready and Ruby brings me to the School entrance while smoking a cigarette.
On our way there he tells me funny stories of Scrim and him going to that school. What they did and what shit went down. My first walk was to the principals office to get my timetable.
The school wasn't really nice, it looks kind of run down just like the whole neighborhood. I've always been to nice schools some were even private but now those things are Luxus.
Living with the boys made me realize fame isn't fame. You can be popular on the internet and still be poor as shit. Currently they have around 25.000 listeners and that might seem a ton. But actually the money they make on SoundCloud and youtube is just enough to pay the rent for a recording studio for three days. They'll be recording their vocals during those days, until then, all beats and verses should be done. It's been stressful lately but they love it. Scrim still works at Walmart in his free time, he used to sell furniture but got fired when his hands got tatted. And Ruby helps out at his fathers pizza place! Because I got no job I'm responsible for homework and helping them getting the album ready!
I sit in-front of the principals office, next to me is a young woman with short brown hair and green eyes. Her lips form a small smile and the way she sits is too perfect. The posture is perfect, she looks like an angel in the body of some military dude. She isn't like bulky but still has many muscles and her eyes are sharp observing everything in her near.
"Why are you staring at me like that?" Again- why brings me everyone back to reality when I'm in my monologues?
Her voice is just as slick and sharp like her eyes. It's a rough voice but still somewhat gentle. "I... I'm sorry... I..." I stumble not knowing what to say.
She roles her eyes and leaves the topic.
The principals office door opens and a small man with a big belly enters the hallway:
"Vendet..." he starts but looks like he just made a huge mistake, then the young woman who just talked to me got up and entered the office. A last sharp glance overcame me, when she looked back at me with a countenance like somebody is going to get killed. Shivers run down my spine. It was weird. She was weird, something in my body told me to run. To run as fast as possible. And as far as I can. But there was no reason why. Just me overthinking again...
The young woman whose name I couldn't understand fully, something with vendett... maybe Vendetta, exists the office and it's my turn.
The day went by so quick. My last lesson was biology where I got sat next to this young lady. This mysterious weird young lady. She doesn't look like a student. She looks older, but not too old. The boys in the back admire her, her beautiful body, those eyes so green and so deep like a forest. Something about her was not normal, not particularly in a bad way. But she was too perfect. She even looks very smart!
I admire her for her confident appearance and everything about her is kind of special! I don't even know how to describe it. I sit down and turn to her: "hey, you... you are Vendetta, right? Sorry for staring at you this morning, It wasn't planed, if you know what I'm saying?" I smile to hide my anxiety. A deep eye contact between us bounded us in a weird uncomfortable way: "don't ever call me that again. That's a dead name. I'm Violin, only Violin and if you ever call me Ven... again, I'll rip your fucking head off."