Chapter 2

Present Day
(Piya's POV)

I woke up to the same dream again, that same moment of my past that I hated and feared. The same darkness frightened me even today. Ever since I came back to Dehradun, I've had the same dream again and again. Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Piya, are you ready yet?"

"Yes Maya, I'm coming!"

This girl was too impatient, how was she my best friend!? Speaking of the devil, she came into my room right when I was getting dressed. She looked down at the floor.

"Looks like someone threw a vase at the wall last night." She giggled.

There were glass shards everywhere on the side she was standing at. How did that happen?

"Anyways, get ready. First day of college, don't want to get late" she said.

"Ughhhh, I be down in fifteen minutes." I dragged myself out of bed.
"Well hurry up now lazy, we're going to get late. I want to check out the guys there" she gave me a wink.

"You are too much Maya" I punched her in the side.

"Owww"

I dragged her along with me to my pink scooter, my pride and joy.

"Oh no Piya, why do we have to go on this stupid pink scooter of yours? It breaks down every time you use it"

"We're going on it and that's final. I will literally superglue you to the seat if necessary."

"Ok..ok fine, I'll sit on the scooter. I don't want glue all over my jeans."

"That's like a good girl" I patted her cheek.

We were a couple miles away from the college, when my scooter broke down.

"Oh no Piya, your stupid scooter will make us late!"

Maya gave it a large kick. The scooter fell on its side on a rock, giving it a massive dent on its side.

"Great, just great. Now how will we get to the college?" She groaned.

"Calm yourself, let's try to get a lift from someone."

We stood there for five minutes until a white Mercedes came into view. Maya mindlessly jumped in front of it. The driver, a girl in her 20s, stopped and came out of the car.

"Hey! What's your problem? Are you trying to commit suicide?"

"I'm sorry, but my friend and I needed a lift to Mount College. We're getting late."

"I'm sorry, but I don't give lifts to nerds. Have fun finding another ride."

She got into the car, laughing, and sped off. Maya stood there, angrily staring at the road.

"Piya, if I find her again, I'll make her disappear for good." Her hands were balled up into fists.

Another car came up shortly after, and this time I went to stop it. Another girl in her 20s, but less intimidating. She seemed nice.

"Hey, can my cousin and I get a lift? We're going to Mount College but are really late."

"Sure, funny you should say, I'm going there too."

"Really!? That's cool! Maya, get over here."

She ran up quickly and grabbed the girl's hand.

"Thank you, thank you sooo much!"
She kissed her hand.

"Don't mind her, she overreacts too much." I elbowed her in the stomach.
"I don't mind, you guys can get in the back."

"Thanks."

We were almost there, while Maya was freaking out over getting in trouble the first day.

"Listen, did you remember where the scooter was before we left?" I whispered.

"I did, and asked Kaka to get it to a garage."

While ignoring her, I almost forgot to ask our new friend her name.

"What's your name?"

"Misha. How about you guys?"

"I'm Piya and this is Maya, my best friend."

"You two seem nothing alike." She laughed.

"We know." We said in unison.

We reached Mount College a couple minutes later. It was a beautiful place, lots of people.

"Piya, stop gawking. Your mouth is wide open."

"Come guys, let me show you around." Misha said.

She lead us all around the campus, ending at the administration office.

"You can get your classes here, I'll be waiting right outside."

We went to the registrar and got our class sheet. Turns out we weren't late. We still had 20 minutes until class started.

"Is there a canteen nearby? I'm starving!"

"Yeah, there is one. What to come with me? I'm hungry too."

"Oh yes please!" Maya said.

I looked in my bag for my phone, but it wasn't there. Maybe I left it back in the administration office.

"You guys can go along, I think I left my phone in the administration office. I'll go get it."

"Ok, meet us at the canteen then."

"Ok."

I went back to the office, grabbed my phone and rushed out, bumping into someone in the hallway. Papers went flying.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going! Let me help you!"

"It's okay, not your fault." He said.

I looked up to see a handsome face with bluish-grey eyes. Blurry images of my past flooded my mind. Do I know him?

His voice brought me back to reality.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You seem new here." He held out his hand. "Hi, I'm Abhay."

"Piya." I shook his hand.

His touch also seemed familiar, but how? I don't even know him. But he was so handsome. I felt weak at my knees.

"Nice to meet you, maybe we will be in the same classes together." I blushed.

"Maybe, nice meeting you too."

He walked away, leaving a smitten and confused version of me behind.