Chapter 31

(Piya's POV)

"What do you want from me?!" I spat, slowly backing away from her. "And where is Shweta?!"

"I want your life. For my lord. And she....she is over there." She snickered. I looked in the direction. Shweta was trapped behind a jail of silver chains. She was injured all over from trying to fight free if it.

"Ready to die?"

She lifted me up into the air with her dark powers and closed in on my throat. My airways became narrower, as I gasped for air. She enjoyed seeing me in pain. I couldn't let her see that happiness no more. I concentrated to the best of my ability and strength, and moments later launched her across the clearing into a tree. She composed herself and lunged at me. I forced her back and fought.

(Abhay's POV)

I took off towards Piya's direction. What secret weapon did Arnab have? I had to save her from it. I shouldn't have let her go.....I shouldn't have.

(Writer's POV)

Sid and Chand kept a steady watch on Arnab, who was busy smirking wildly to himself. He had to wait for the right moment. No one could stop him. No one.

The moon had reached its peak position. Arnab chuckled. He was getting closer to his goal. He began to chant under his breath, his body jerked in pain.

Sid and Chand were confused, as was everyone else. What was he doing? They tried to advance towards him, but he had blocked himself with an invisible barrier.

Sid and Diana took off into the forest towards Piya's direction, in heavy worry.

(Piya's POV)

I was winning. Neeta had tired herself with her exhausting spells. Just when I thought she would be finished, I felt a painful sensation in my body. One that felt like my insides were being ripped to shreds. I shrieked in pain and fell to the ground, holding my body tightly. A tall figure rushed to me. The touch was familiar.

"Piya?!" It was Abhay. But I couldn't concentrate on him. The pain was too strong.

"Abhay....Neeta.....she's...." Then the next attack came. I heard him snarl under his breath.

(Abhay's POV)

I freed Shweta from the chains and told her to take care of Piya. Neeta, you would be dead today, I swore on my love.

I found her hiding a small distance away. I grabbed her by the neck and elongated my fangs. I would give her the most brutal death possible. Her powers were nothing against me. She struggled in my grip, as I stared hungrily at her neck.

"All this fighting has made me very hungry. Glad I can quench it with your blood."

"Let go of me!!!" She snarled. I gripped her tighter.

"This is payback for hurting my Piya!" I said. I pulled her head back and bit her. Once I had drained her completely, I dumped her body in a secluded area.

Piya was writhing in pain when I got back to her. I took her into my lap and held her head between my hands. I concentrated and tried to soothe her body, but a force was throwing me off each time.

Sid ran up to me, followed by Diana. They looked tensed.

"Abhay, Arnab is doing this! He is using the binding spell he put on Piya against us! We need to break it now!" Diana yelled.

"Abhay!" Piya cried in my lap. Tears streamed down her cheeks. The pain was growing stronger.

"Do whatever you have too Diana, nothing should happen to her!" I snarled in anger. I looked down at Piya. "I'm right here jaan. Nothing will happen to you." I assured.

Then the smell of blood hit my nostrils. Piya's blood. Her wrist was being cut by him. My bloodlust was returning. I dug my nails into my palms and concentrated only on healing Piya. I clasped my hand around the cut as tightly as possible without crushing her wrist. Luckily I could stop the bleeding. Diana and Samarth arrived with a few witches.

"Once the spell is broken, finish him." Samarth told a witch. She nodded and went back to the others.

They gathered around Piya and I and joined hands. A chant was started, and Piya's shrieks grew louder. I held her tight and coaxed her to fight it though.

"Abhay! Please make it stop!" She cried.

"Just a little longer jaan. You're almost there."

Then, all of a sudden, her body relaxed into a peaceful slumber. I removed my hand from her wrist and found it healed. We all sighed in relief.

"Abhay, you take care of Piya. We'll take care of Arnab." Samarth said. I nodded, and lifted her carefully into my arms.

(Some hours later....)

I had taken her to a quiet stream near the waterfall. She hadn't woken up yet, but was lying peacefully in my lap, head against my chest.

I couldn't stand the silence no longer. I wanted to wake her up. Doing so, I watched as her baby brown eyes opened, full of the shine they possessed before. I kissed her forehead and held her gently against me.

"Is he gone?" Her voice quivered.

"Soon, yes. He won't harm you again." I assured.

A wolf howled in the distance, and she clung tightly against me.

"Piya, it's okay. Nothing is here to hurt you." I stroked her hair. "I'm here to protect you."

"I know." She smiled a little. I relaxed her body and let her snuggle in my arms.

"Time will heal all wounds jaan." I said.

(At the clearing..)
(Piya's POV)

He was weakened when I saw him again. Abhay looked at me and nodded, while signaling the witches to let him drop to the ground. All the pent up rage was waiting to come out again. I saw my mother's dead body in my mind and shot my hand out, lifting him up into the air. I slowly formed a fist with my fingers, closing his airways until he choked to death. Just as he took his last breaths, I saw defeat in his eyes. I slammed him hard against a tree and finally opened a bottomless pit in the ground, throwing him in. He was gone, and with his death, I had avenged my mother's death. Abhay gripped my shoulders as I stared up into the sky and saw my mother and I smiling together.