Chapter 30

(2 days later...)
(Abhay's POV)

It was finally here. The long awaited blue moon. Strength surged throughout my nerves like electricity. Its glow energized my powers to their peak.

I waited around in the cell. I was getting a little thirsty in the past days. I waited till Sumeet turned towards me. I grabbed his throat through the cell bars and compelled him once more. I took his wrist up to my lips and bit down hard and deep. I drained him up to the point where he could barely stand. I healed the bite to make sure no one noticed later on and pushed him back. I licked the corners of my lips and leaned against the back wall of the cell, arms crossed.

Hours later, around midnight, I heard footsteps. Lots of footsteps. Piya's scent drifted towards me. She was close. I watched Sumeet. He looked at the hallway and nodded. He took the keys and unlocked the cell gate. Two more warlocks came and held me tight. Then I caught a glimpse of Piya. She was held by multiple witches, and was looking weak and vulnerable. A low growl erupted from my chest. Arnab was my number one target. I would give him the slowest and most brutal death possible.

We were both taken out into a clearing not far from the hideout, where the moon was visible. Piya was tied to a large, ancient oak tree, the moon's light shining directly upon her. Her runes glowed brightly when it touched her skin. The intricate, yet delicate patterns never ceased to amaze me. My trace towards them was broken as I was thrown into a trap made up of sliver chains, blinds around the four trees. They took a moment to laugh at my condition and then joined Arnab. They formed a circle around Piya. Her eyes reflected a full fear and animosity towards Arnab.

I had to get out of here. Soon enough, I could see my family with the witches and werewolves surrounding the area. A small smile appeared on my face. Arnab was doomed. Just a few more moments Piya....and I would free you from their clutches.

(Piya's POV)

He approached me slowly, arms behind his back, an evil smirk on his face. He pulled out a small vial from his pocket. It contained a light purplish liquid inside. Suddenly he grabbed my face with his cold, bony fingers, flicking the seal of the vial off at the same time.

"I want you to drink this like a good girl." He said.

"Get that away from me!" I shrieked in his face. No way I was going to drink that liquid.

"Now now my darling daughter....what did I say about disobeying me?" He crushed my jaw with his grip and forced the liquid down my throat. Abhay was getting agitated while seeing this, fangs exposed and nails sharpened. I could see his glowing cobalt eyes in the distance.

He let go of me. I coughed in disgust. What had he just made me drink?

"Let's test this potion out." He sneered, and pulled out a dagger from his other pocket. He held it against his wrist and pressed it into it. The sneer didn't disappear from his face as he winced in pain. Blood oozed out of the cut, dripping to the ground.

Then I felt a sharp pain in my wrist as well. It grew as the seconds went by, like someone was sawing it off. I shrieked in pain and bent over as much as my restraints let me.

"Excellent." He said. "Now once your heart stops, all the magic you possess will be mine." He laughed, and his cronies did the same.

He then signaled one of the dark witches, who approached him while presenting the shining sliver dagger before him. It shines brightly, looking sharp and dangerous. I cringed at its sight, images of my dead mother flashing my mind.

"Just a few more minutes, and then I will put you out of your misery." He said. He was waiting for the time the moon was at its peak. In just a few more minutes....

(Abhay's POV)

We all moved closer slowly. The dark witches and warlocks all closed their eyes and began to chant something....holding hands until their knuckles were white. I broke through the chains, ignoring the strong burn caused by the silver as much as I could. I killed the two patrolling witches near me and lead our army into the battlefield. The wolves were the first to approach. Arnab saw them and smiled. He held his staff up on the air, which was glowing a deep red.

"Make sure no one enters this area." He said. But the wolves just stood there, a desire for revenge hidden deep in there eyes.

They snarled at him....and pounced at the circle. Arnab tried to control them....but the protection spell put on the wolves showed its effect. They attacked the circle with full force, and a battle ensued.

Everyone else joined the fighting, while I headed straight for Arnab. He would die from my hands tonight, I swore to myself.

He snatched the dagger and put Piya in a headlock, holding the dagger towards her heart. Tears brimmed her a baby brown eyes, her name formed in my lips. I bared my fangs at him and snarled.

"You have lost! Nothing can stop me now!" He boasted, a wide sneer on his face.

The dagger inched closer to her skin, her heart rate increased quickly. Sid appeared behind us, after tearing a witch's throat out. I spoke to him in his head.

*Sid, try and get a hold of Arnab. I'll take Piya to safety and then I'll take care of him.* He nodded.

He ran up from behind and clamped his hand over Arnab's eyes and pried the hand with the dagger away from Piya. I pulled her away from him. She hugged me tightly, her tears soaking my shirt.

"Piya....I want you to find Shweta and stay with her. I will take care of this."

"No Abhay! I don't want to leave you alone."

"Piya, you have to listen to me. Nothing will happen to me. Now go!" I said. She backed away slowly, while I joined Sid. I grabbed Arnab by the throat and raised him in the air, tightening my grip every few seconds. I felt a satisfaction seeing him gasp for air. I crushed his body into the tree behind him. But he started laughing.

"You think you've won?" He snickered. "Wrong! I have my secret weapon left!" He laughed up into the sky.

(Piya's POV)

"Shweta?" I searched all around for her. But she was nowhere to be found.

A strange force dragged me farther away from where Abhay was. A cold breeze blew around the leaves lying on the ground. Something moved behind me. I turned around startled. The sight shocked me.

"Remember me, Piya?" She snickered. "How's my favorite dancer doing?" She cackled.

"Neeta...." I gasped in fear.