Chapter 20

(Abhay's POV)

"OMG Abhay!!!!!! You told her?! What did she say?"

"She loves me back." I said.

"Really!? Abhay I'm so happy for you!" She hugged me tight.

"You seem more happy than me." I said, chucking to myself.

"Why wouldn't I? You have found true love after so many decades. Ever since Mai.." She paused. I tried to keep my calm.

"Sorry Abhay." She bit her lip.

"Please don't mention her again bhabhi." I said.

"Never. I don't know how her name almost slipped out of my mouth."

I went into my room and gathered my books for college.

"Abhay, dad is coming home tomorrow morning. He wants to meet Piya."

"I'll bring her." I said, smiling.

(At college...)
(Piya's POV)

I wandered the halls of the college, searching only for Abhay. Only a few hours apart and I was already missing him. I guess this is what love is all about.

I searched in all the classrooms and the library. He wasn't there. I ended up in front of the locker rooms. It was also empty. Disappointed, I began to go to the canteen where Misha and the others were, when suddenly a cold hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the locker room.

"I missed you, jaan." Abhay whispered.

"Jaan? Is this my new name?"

"For me yes." He nuzzled my neck.

I took a good look at him. He was wearing a black hooded shirt that clung to his masculine body like glue, and blue denim jeans. He was looking hot as ever. He gave me a wild I-want-you smirk. His eyes glowed their dark blue in a blazing passion. He gripped me tighter and kissed me. His tongue broke through my lips and entered my mouth. My breaths grew quicker. I sucked on his lips as he sucks on mine. I broke away when I realized that we were in a public place. But Abhay didn't care.

"Not so fast jaan...I'm not done with you." He said, gripping my wrist and pulling me back to him.

"Abhay! Someone will see."

"I don't care." He said casually. "Let them see."

"You are so naughty!" I said.

"Naughty? I thought you would say scary."

"You don't scare me anymore."

"Really? Want to bet?"

"Fine. If I win then...." I paused. "then you have to spend all of Saturday night with me. No excuses or commitments. Only me."

"And if I win?"

"That you will know if you win." I winked at him. "You have until midnight."

"Done."

He pulled me in for another kiss until the bell rang for class.

"I love you Piya."

"I love you too Abhay."

(later that night...)

I pushed open the window of my room. The quiet serene breeze blew in, caressing my face and hair. I waited for Abhay. He would have been here as soon as night fell. I practiced a few more spells, watching the window each moment.

A thick shadow moved across the forest. I peeked outside, trying to make out what it was. The shadow was tall, but that was the only thing I could make out. It was figure less. It moved quickly and stealthy. I tried to close the window, but it was too late. The shadow entered my room, making circles around me like I was its prey. It was tall and lean, muscular body. It was wearing a hood. My heartbeats grew quick. It felt like it was beating out of my chest. I backed up slowly, while putting up my barrier. I saw the open window and bolted for it. The shadow seized me and pulled me against its chest. I was sweating like mad.

"Please don't hurt me.....please no." I said, trying to break free. Tears glowed down my face.

"I win jaan." My eyes grew wide at that voice.

"Abhay!?" I said, shocked. I turned around and threw off his hood. He laughed to himself.

"You lost jaan."

I pushed him away. He came back and wiped my tears.

"Did I take that too far?" He asked. I nodded.

"Sorry." He said innocently. He pulled me close to his chest. He gently stroked my hair. I smiled a bit.

"What do you want as your prize?" I asked.

"I want you to stop crying and never make such bets again."

"Done. Never again." I said.

He carried me to my bed and tucked me in. He sat down next to me on the rug. I turned on my side to see his face. He cupped my face with one hand and stroked my cheek with his thumb. I took that hand and sandwiched it between mine.

"Abhay...how long have you been a vampire for?" I asked. It was a random question.

"About 200 years. Why?"

"Just curious. How?"

His smile turned into a frown. He took his hand away from me and turned his head away. His hands balled up into fists.

"I prefer you don't ask me that again Piya. I don't want to talk about it." He said in a sudden cold tone.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to remember my past."

I kept my mouth shut after seeing the sudden pain on his face. He turned to me again moments later.

"Get some sleep Piya. Dad is coming home tomorrow and he wants to meet you."

I nodded. I pulled the covers over me. Abhay got up a little and kissed me on the forehead.

"Goodnight jaan."

"Good night." I said, taking his hand in mine again.