Chapter 22

(Piya's POV)

The morning sun shined in my face. I was lying alone in bed. Abhay was gone. I pushed myself up, moving a lock of hair to the side. I heard rummaging in my cupboard. I turned to look. Maya. She was frantically throwing around my clothing.

"Maya! What on earth are you doing?"

"Finding something to wear! None of my clothes are fitting my mood today."

"You and your fashion sense..." I murmured. "Why are you up early?" I asked, looking at the alarm clock. It was 7 am. College started at 8:30.

"Because.....because...I wanted to. Early bird gets the worm."

"How about early Maya gets Jeh. Let me guess, you have a date?"

She huffed in defeat.

"I can't lie for crap. Yes I'm going out with Jeh. We'll go straight to college from there."

"Date? In the morning?"

"I know! Crazy huh? But who cares?" She said, blushing and posing like a love sick fangirl.

Then I got really curious.

"Did you confess yet?"

She nodded quickly. Her face flushed a bright cherry red. Then she grabbed a dress and bolted out of the room. I ran after her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I said.

"Because you hid things from me. Why should I tell you?"

"What did I hide?"

"Don't act like you don't know. I saw you and Abhay making out in the locker room."

"And?"

"And how he lovingly calls you jaan."

My face grew warm in embarrassment. She smiled in triumph.

"You got me...."

"I did. Now don't hide anything from me ever again."

"Fine I won't." I said. We both started laughing.

"We need to tell each other about everything." She said.

"Everything?"

"You know. How we confessed, all romantic moments, etc....etc..."

"Hmmmm...okay. But after college."

"You and your study obsession." She grumbled. "Fine....when we are both free."

We both laughed some more and tiptoed into our rooms again, not wanting to disturb Kaka.

(At college....)

We were having a big test in class today, which I tried to study for. But I couldn't concentrate. The questions confused me and Abhay was bothering me. He found that he could talk to me in my head. Whenever he wished to. And that was annoying as it was cool.

*Now I can talk to you whenever I want.*

I reprimanded him in my head.

*Stop it Abhay! I'm trying to answer this question.*

*I can tell you the answers.*

*No....I don't want to cheat. And I'm sure you won't do it.*

*You're right. I won't.* He was silent for a moment. *But then we can talk while everyone else is slamming their heads on the table.*

*Doesn't matter* I said, smirking to myself.
*Now get out of my head.*

*No.*

*Fine......Please?*