Chapter 33

(Piya's POV)
(6 months later...)

6 months had come by quickly. Our baby was growing healthy and strong inside of my womb. Abhay never left my side. He made sure I was eating and sleeping well and taking care of myself. Diana had taught me how to communicate with the baby. I could talk to it now, and it could hear me. Abhay was already able to do this, and I was getting jealous of it.

Tonight was a full moon. I was excited, because tonight I would learn of our baby's gender. I stroked my hand over my bump, and I felt the baby kick. I jumped in surprise, as it was the first time I felt it kick.

"Abhay! Come here!" I said gleefully.

"What happened Piya?" He asked. I took his hand and placed it on the bump.

"Baby, can you kick again for papa?" I said smiling wide. And sure enough, it kicked again. Abhay smiled and kneeled down in front of me, kissing the spot where he felt the kick. Then another kick. I giggled in delight.

"Our baby is so naughty, it's demanding more kisses from me." He laughed. "Reminds me of you." He teased. I smacked him with a nearby pillow.

(Abhay's POV)

Mom knocked on the door and entered with a plate of cut fruits. She smiled at us and set the plate on the table.

"Piya, I want these gone soon." She said laughing. Piya giggled. "And Abhay, make sure she eats them."

"I will mom." I placed my hand on Piya's bump and connected with the baby. *Are you hungry, baby?*

*Yeah.* It said, and with that a kick. I smiled. Mom did a routine check-up of Piya shortly after. She had spent her years of immortality in getting a further education, primarily in gynecology.

"The baby is doing fine. Strong and healthy. Soon we'll know the gender too." She said. She instructed me to feed Piya the fruits and left the room. She would bring Diana when she got here.

"Piya, time to eat. Baby is hungry." I grabbed the plate and brought it to the bed.

"But Abhay....I'm not that hungry." She whined. Then she jumped, clutching her belly.

"What happened?"

"The baby kicked again.....hard."

"That's what you get for refusing jaan." I teased. "Never refuse a hungry child."

"Then you feed me."

"With pleasure jaan." I popped the apple piece into her mouth.

Diana was to arrive soon. I made sure Piya ate the remaining fruits before that. She was busy talking to it in secret. I watched in secret, admiring the unique glow on her face she got from our child. She became like a child, always happy and cheerful. I found myself lucky to have her. She was my ultimate happiness, my special light.

I heard the doorbell, assuming that Diana had arrived. Sure enough, mom came back to my room along with her. She had a long pendant in one hand and a small glass vial in another. Piya was overly excited to see her.

"Finally you are here Diana." She said eagerly.

"Shall we start?" She said. I nodded. Mom went to get her everyone.

Piya was made to lie down on the bed. But before she did, Diana handed her the glass vial with a purple liquid in it.

"It's a potion needed for the spell. Drink it. Don't worry, it won't harm the baby." She assured. Piya nodded and drank it.

I sat next to her and kept one hand on her head and held the other. Everyone had arrived by then to witness. Diana pulled out the pendant and chanted something. The pendant was frozen in the air, no movements whatsoever.