Chapter 7

(Piya's POV)

"Oooooooo....a dance competition!"

Maya squealed. "Hey Piya, we should participate."

"But we need partners for it. Who will we dance with?"

She thought about it for a minute. A big smile creeped up onto her face.

"You can ask Abhay!" She said.

"No Maya, I can't ask him. He'll think I'm crazy. We don't even know each other that much..."

"Oh sure you do. Besides, you two look cute together." She pinched my cheeks.

"No, no, no, no, NO!"

"Yes, yes, YES! You're going to dance with him and that's final! I'll ask him for you if that makes you happy."

"No please Maya, I beg of you." I grabbed her arm and held it tightly as I could. "I'll look stupid."

"Shut up. I'll be right back." She broke free of my grasp and ran off.

(Abhay's POV)

"ABHAY! OMG I found you!" Maya came up to me, panting.

"Abhay, who is she?" Angad said.

"Maya. She and her friend, Piya, are new here." Kabir spoke up. "I met both of them during third hour.

"Yeah, I met them both recently." I said.

"Hi, I'm Maya." She shook hands with Angad and Jeh, while still struggling I catch her breath.

"Did you just run a marathon?" Angad said.

"No silly. I was looking for Abhay? Really important question needed to be answered."

"What is it?" I was confused.

"Will you...be.....Piya's partner for the dance competition?" She blurted.

"Sure." She looked shocked for a minute.

"Well that was easy...." She mumbled.

"Great, I'll go tell Piya then." She giggled.

"Wait Maya......Do you have a partner?" Jeh said.

"No, I don't. Why?" She asked, curious.

"Well, I was wondering if.......you would be my partner?"

"I would love to." She blushed and walked away.

(Piya's POV)

"Piya......I did it! Abhay said yes! She hugged me.

"How come you are so happy?"

"Because I got a partner now too. One of Abhay's friends. His name is Jeh." She blushed.

"Well lucky you." I pinched her cheek this time.

"Ok Piya, practice starts tomorrow. Pick a song and be ready. I can't wait!"

The bell rang for our next class. Maya hugged me and left. "More into your to do list Piya, job and now dance practice." I then smiled, thinking about how dancing will be with Abhay.