Chapter 4

(Abhay's POV)

I quietly slipped away from there. Piya shouldn't have seen me there. My phone buzzed in my pocket. It was Sid.

"Abhay, where are you? Mom needs to discuss something with you."

"I'm coming home right now."

"Ok...bye." He hung up.

Mom opened the door right when I got reached the front steps.

"Abhay......what took you so long?"

"Nothing."

"Anyways, Chand is leaving town for a business deal, so you need to handle the office for a while."

"I'll do it."

"That's good. Now go to your brother's room. He's looking for you." I nodded and went upstairs.

Sid thrust a file into my hands right when I got to his door.

"I need you to sign this. Why did mom need you?"

"Dad is going out of town for business, so i have to handle all the clients. I'll go sign this. Be right back."

I went back to my room and signed the papers. More business documents. I took it back to Sid and went back to my room. I reached under my pillow and grabbed the bracelet under it, then twirling it in my fingers. Where was the girl I saved? Was she okay? She probably doesn't even remember being saved at all. I rested my head against the wall, thinking about that night. I went to take my other bracelet off, finding it already gone from my wrist. Where did it go? It was my protection from the sun. Damn! Did I drop it near the place where I was watching Piya? I had to go check.....