Chapter 27

(Abhay's POV)

I awoke back in my room. Everyone was present. My parents, Sid and Shweta, and Samarth and Diana. My head hurt like hell. Dad helped me get up and sit in an upright position.

"Are you alright Abhay?" Dad asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine." I said.

Then I remembered Piya being taken away by Arnab. The rage built up inside of me. I would kill that man as soon as I got my hands on him. The beast inside me was emerging again. Sid sat down next to me and tried to calm me down.

"Abhay...control yourself. We'll find her." He assured.

"Abhay, do you remember what happened?" Diana asked.

I did remember. Every single detail was flashing in my mind. How that devil took my life away from me, and her fearful screams.

"Arnab took her. Piya was asleep, complaining about a headache she was having. She was really weak. I tried to heal her, but Arnab and his followers overpowered me and took her with them." I said. My sharp nails dug in the bed.

"He probably used his dark powers to weaken Piya. And then he did the same to you." Mom said. "His powers have grown significantly."

"We need to find her fast. If Arnab manages to kill her and steal her powers, then no one can stop him. Piya has mastered her powers and her strength is at its peak." Samarth said. "We only have a week."

"Why a week?!" I snarled at him. Sid tightened his grip on my shoulder.

"There will be a full moon in a week. And not just any full moon, a blue moon. Her powers will be enhanced more significantly than on an average full moon." He said. "Arnab will defintely use this opportunity to take Piya's magic away with a special binding spell, and the only way to do that is kill her. Once she dies, the spell will transfer all her magic to the person she was bound to."

"But isn't she immortal?" Shweta said.

"She is, but Arnab is still in possession of the silver dagger that can kill moonlight witches."

"I'll do whatever it takes to save her. That bas**rd won't lay a single finger on her." I said.

"It's not easy as you think Abhay. Arnab is really smart. We need to handle this with caution." Sid said.

"We need to assemble an army. As far as I know, Arnab is using the werewolves against us. We need more people." Samarth said.

I tried to speak in Piya, but our connection was broken. Even with some of her blood in my system, I couldn't reach her. If that man dare lay a finger on her, I'd tear him to shreds.

"Chand, Haseena, Diana, come with me. We need to gather our supporters." Samarth said. They all left the room. Sid and Shweta sat on either side of me.

"Don't worry Abhay...we'll find Piya soon."

We sat in silence, while I tried to think of some plan. Luckily, everyone else thought Piya was on a business trip with Sid. If they found out she was missing, everything would spiral into chaos.

(Piya's POV)

I opened my eyes to find myself in a cold, damp stone room. I tried to move, but I was tightly chained to the wall. Water droplets fell steadily to the floor. In front of me, there was a stone tablet lying atop a small clothed table. The tablet had an eerie pattern engraved into it. It glowed a dark red occasionally. Sweat beaded on my forehead. Why was I here? My heartbeats quickened and my breaths became short and quick. I felt slightly weak.

"Abhay..." I called for him, but he didn't answer.

A fully cloaked figure entered the room, taking a step towards me. I realized I could get my answers from this person. The figure stopped a few feet from me.

"Finally conscious I see. Good. My lord will be pleased."

"Who are you and why am I trapped here?" I said.

"Why, you're going to sacrifice your precious magic to our lord." One name was heard to my ears. Arnab.

"I'll never give up my magic to that despicable man!" I spat.

"Well it doesn't seem like you could do anything about it." He snickered, eying my chains. He turned around and left.

Tears brimmed my eyes, and they began to fall in the same rhythm as the water leaking through the stone. My heart prayed that I would be saved from this wretched man as soon as possible.

(Abhay's POV)

I needed to kill tonight. The beast inside me wanted to emerge and let out all the pent up rage. I stormed out into the forest alone, finding a few wolves along the way to make my prey. I attacked each one swiftly, mercilessly ripping their throats out and draining every last drop of blood in their systems. I licked the blood from the corner of my lips in satisfaction. I heard Piya's scream in my mind, my name on her lips. I scratched the nearby tree with my sharp nails, breathing heavily and trying to regain some control of myself. I ran across the forest, finding an abandoned warehouse with three men inside, who looked like criminals. They were gambling. I kicked a metal paint can across the grass, which startled them. One came out to check the area. I watched his movements carefully, grabbing him by the neck when his back was turned. I bit down into his soft skin, savoring the rich human blood passing through my lips. I felt the strength surging through my body. I needed it all of it. My bloodlust, fueled by fury, had almost sated. I dropped the body and ventured inside. The twosome got up and pointed their guns at me. But I was too fast for them. I strangled both of them and fed on them. I felt extremely powerful now.

I wanted to continue, but mom found me and stopped me in my tracks.

"What do you think you are doing Abhay?" She hissed, seeing the blood on my face. "You need to learn to control your anger..." She said.

I dug my nails into the nearby tree once again, taking deep breaths to calm myself. Mom rested her hand on my shoulder.

"We will find her Abhay....and Arnab won't be spared. I know that you will save her....your love is stronger than his evil."

"I'm worried for her, mom.....I can't live without her." I said.

"You will never see that day...." She said. "Now come home, we have an important matter to discuss."

I nodded and we ran into the forest towards home.

(At the Raichand Mansion)

We stood facing a large group of supernaturals, made up of both the vampire and witch councils. They stood around in a circle, waiting for us. Dad and Samarth greeted them. They nodded and said......

"We were waiting for long." They said. "Come with us."

We followed them downstairs to the study. A hope settled inside me that I would be with my Piya very soon. With this thought, I continued on to the study.

(Piya's POV)

My connection with Abhay was lost. Without it, it would become very difficult for him to find me. I myself didn't know where I was. I tried to remember such a spell that I could use to talk to him.

I remembered that I looked through mommy's spell book and found such a spell that Diana hadn't ever taught me. The inscription below it said that only a few moonlight witches knew the spell. With it, my spirit could travel out of my body, wherever I wished. I tried it once, and that too two months ago. I needed to try it again. It was my last hope. I stared around. No one had come to see me for a while, except to give me food. This was the perfect opportunity. I relaxed my body, to the point where I felt like a feather, then chanted the spell under my breath. Sooner or later, I felt myself disconnecting from my body. It felt like I was given freedom from a golden cage after many years. I was now on my feet, my body hanging limp from the chains. I needed to hurry. I teleported myself to the outside of his home. I walked through the wall and called to him. I needed to talk to him now.