Chapter 12

(Piya's POV)

"Deep breaths Piya.....deep breaths..." I said to myself.

I was in the office, my interview only a couple moments away. I was so nervous. Then the receptionist called me over.

"You're Piya Jaiswal?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Ok, you're interview is next. Sir is calling
you."

"Thank you."

She told me where find his cabin. My anxiety grew as I neared the room.

"Calm down, Piya. You can do this." I pulled myself together and knocked on the door.

"May I come in, sir."

"Yes, come in." The back of his chair was facing me.

I slowly walked up to him and took and seat on the opposite side. He finally turned around.

"Hi. I'm Siddharth Raichand. And you are?"

"Piya Jaiswal." We shook hands.

"So are you ready to answer my questions?" I nodded.

"Yes, and I just want to tell you that am plan on working part time only. I have to go to college as well."

"Thats's fine with meGood luck." He gave me a smile.

I gave the answers as confidently as I could. He seemed impressed as well. The interview lasted fifteen minutes, but it felt like an hour. I hope I did well.

"Well Miss Jaiswal, you are an interesting lady."

"Thank you sir."

"And if you get selected, I will personally call you with the news."

"Alright, sir." I said, then left.

A big smile creeped up onto my face. I actually did well. I hope I get the job. I left my call details with the receptionist and headed towards home.

(Abhay's POV)

"Here Abhay. These are the files of the decent candidates for the job." Sid threw the files onto my desk.

"Thanks Sid. I'll look through them."

"Tell me your decision once we get home."

I flipped through the files. None of them impressed me. I grabbed the last file.

"Piya applied for the job!" I stared at her file. Everything was great about her. Looks like I made my decision. I took it back to Sid.

"Sid, here." I gave him the file. "I want this girl to get the position.

"Ok. Thanks."

(Piya's POV)

"Kaka.....I'm so nervous. I hope I get the job."

"Piya beta, I'm sure you will get it. You're a capable young lady."

I sat down next to Kaka, resting my head on his lap. He gently stroked my hair. The phone rang a couple minutes later. Maya ran straight for it.

"Hello? May I speak to Piya Jaiswal, please?"

"Yes, hold on." Maya grabbed me by the arm and gave me the phone.

"Piya speaking." I said nervously.

"Congrats Miss Jaiswal, you got the job!"

I couldn't control myself out of excitement. I almost screamed into the phone.

"Thank you so much, sir!"

"You're welcome...I'll see you in office day after tomorrow." He hung up.

"OMG Piya! You got the job!" I nodded. Maya took my hand and started dancing with me.

"Maya, what are you doing?!" I said laughing.

"I'm being happy! Got a problem?"

Kaka gave me a congratulatory hug and both Maya and Kaka fed me sweets until my mouth was stuffed with them.

"Piya, when do you have to go to office?"

"Day after tomorrow."

"Great, then we can share the news with our friends at college tomorrow."

(The next day...)

Maya and I took a big box of sweets to college. We distributed them to all our friends. Misha took three of them and at them all at once.

"Mmmm.....Piya, these are good!" She said, licking her fingers.

"Misha, how do you manage to eat so much?" Maya asked.

"I love to eat. Me and food are like that inseparable couple. I always need something to eat."

"Yeah, and she always calls me fattie." Panchi whacked Misha on the back of her head.

"Ouch, birdie!" She hit her back.

"You two carry on. Piya and I have to go to practice."

"Kay, bye."

(In the drama room...)
(Abhay's POV)

"Hi Abhay." Piya said.

"Hi Piya....congrats on getting a job by the way." She looked confused at first, then she smiled.

"Thanks....how do you know about that?"

"Because the company you are working at is my family company. Means we will be working together."

"Wow that's great!" She blushed. "I almost forgot to tell you.....each couple has a choreographer. Let me introduce you to her."

Piya grabbed my hand and took me over to our choreographer.

"You must be Abhay, am I right?"

"Yes, and you are?"

"Neeta. Nice to meet you." She shook my hand. But I felt a strange vibe coming from her, one that I have never felt before. Something is off.

"Okay you two, let's get started."

She instructed us on the dance moves, and then left for a brief moment to get some water.

"Wow Abhay! You're an amazing dancer."

"Same to you."

I felt a new kind of happiness when I danced with Piya. It felt like the whole world was in my arms. She was smiling and giggling the whole routine. I wish I could spend this moments every second of my eternity.