Chapter 34

(Abhay's POV)
(3 months later...)

Today was the day, the day where my daughter would come into this world. Diana and mom both saw this full moon night as the night of her birth. Piya was sleeping peacefully in bed. She didn't get much sleep the night before, and I wanted her to get ample rest before the delivery.

She was glowing while she slept, a small smile adorning her delicate features. I leaned over her and kissed her lightly on her full pink lips. She woke up on her own. I watched her from a corner. She threw her hair back and looked outside the window. The sun was shining bright inside the room. She tried to get up from bed, struggling just a little from the weight of the baby, but she managed to do so. I surprised her from behind and joining our hands at her sides. I rocked her back and forth on my feet.

"Excited jaan?" I asked.

"Very." She said. She turned and pecked a kiss on my nose. "I will finally get to hold my angel in my arms."

"She will be just like you. Beautiful and wonderful." I said. She blushed.

"And she'll be naughty and intelligent like you." She told me.

"Naughty? That's a new one." I smirked and lifted an eyebrow.

I spent the entire day looking after her and spending time with her. Once the moon rose tonight, our baby would be joining us. We sat in the swing out in the garden. Piya was kicking her legs back and forth like a child. I was heavily amused by this. She talked about all the things we would do with angel once she was born. We even had to decide on a proper name for her. I had one in mine, but I kept mum about it. Piya was eager to know.

Night fell soon before we knew it, and that's when the contractions began. I rushed Piya to our room, and luckily Diana and mom were already prepared. Piya grasped my hand while panting for breaths. She wanted me to stay with her, for which mom granted permission. Everyone else was waiting outside closed doors. I rested my hand on her forehead and grasped her hand with the other, kneeling on the floor.

"Just look at me jaan." I coaxed her. She turned to stare at me with her baby brown eyes. "You're doing fine."

Diana signaled Piya to start chanting a spell that would help get angel out safely, without her resorting to chewing out of Piya and maybe harming herself. She gasped for breaths, but she kept chanting it. After just moments of doing this, Piya finally relaxed and took deep breaths. A shrill cry was the only sound in the room. Piya and I smiled wide at the beautiful sound. I kissed her on the forehead.

"She's so beautiful." Mom said. I turned around to see her holding angel in a fluffy white blanket. She was playing with the fabric in her small hands. I got up and approached them.

"Take her carefully." Mom smiled, handing her off to me. She looked a lot like Piya, her cheeks, forehead, and nose. She had my lips and eyes. She gazed around the room in curiosity, then kicked around in the blanket for a while. I placed the lightest kiss on her forehead, hearing her coo in response. I looked at her and found her smiling at me. She reached out for my finger and grasped it in her tiny fist.

*Papa.* She said in my head. I gave her another kiss on her hand that was so tightly grasping my finger.

Piya was waiting eagerly to see her. Diana helped her sit up, and I sat down next to her. She cried tears of joy as she took angel into her arms, immediately showering her with lovable kisses. Angel snuggled closer to Piya, recognizing her as her mother immediately. The moonlight shine through the curtains and hit angel's arm, unmasking a small mark on her left arm, a small crescent moon and small patterns branching from it.