Chapter 8

Chapter 8
(Piya's POV)

I found some job openings in the newspaper. Seven at least....

"Well I should start calling tomorrow."

I lied down on the bed. I needed to pick a song for the dance. I scrolled through my playlists, finding nothing good enough. Hopefully Abhay has a song in mind.....

"Piya. Did you have any luck in finding a job?" Maya said.

"Yeah, I found some places. I'm going to call them tomorrow."

"Great. You know? I'm really excited for this dance competition."

"Good thing you're participating too. I would've been a nervous wreck without you."

"I know. Without me, you can't anything done." She laughed. I grabbed a pillow and hit Maya with it.

"Piya! Stop it!" She grabbed a pillow too.

We laughed and talked for a long time. I haven't had this much fun since our days in the orphanage. If I hadn't ended up there, I wouldn't have met Maya or be where I am now. I was grateful to what I had gotten and the person who saved me from death.

(Abhay's POV)

"Abhay, you're taking part in a dance competition? That's great!" Shweta said. "Who are you participating with?"

"This girl I just met. Her name is Piya."

"Found a partner already. I thought you would say no.....hmmmmm." She giggled.

"No bhabi, it's nothing like that. It's not even possible."

"Okay, no more teasing. Don't spoil your mood. Did you two decide on a song yet?"

"No, I didn't ask her."

"Leave that job to me. I will find the best song ever."

"Thanks bhabhi."

Realization hit. I shouldn't get too close to Piya. I could end up hurting her. I don't want her to know what I am.....