Chapter 10

(Piya's POV)

"Hey Piya, where are you lost yaar?"

Misha shook me by the shoulder.

"What...no....I'm fine.." My voice was shaking.

"You don't look fine, Piya. You look like you saw a ghost. You're pale as snow." She looked concerned. "Is something wrong?"

"No....nothing is wrong....I couldn't get enough sleep..that's all."

An announcement came over the loudspeaker.

"Everyone who is participating in the upcoming dance competition, please come to the drama club room for the practice dates."

"Misha, I should get going. I'll see you later."

"Okay, good luck." She gave me a tight hug.

The drama club room was filled with people. Where is Abhay?

"Hey Piya." Someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was Panchi.

"Hi Panchi. Are you participating too?"

"No, I'm organizing the teams for our college."

"Oh, that's nice."

"Yeah, you know, I really love doing stuff for college spirit....it's like my hobby. Anyways, I'll see you later." She left towards the center of the room, and stepped onto the large stage in the back.

"Ok guys, from today we will be practicing our dance routines with an individual choreographer. They will help you with all the steps."

There were a group of choreographers behind Panchi, enough for all the teams. She began to assign them to each team. I saw Maya and Jeh in the distance. Maya waved with a big smile. I smiled back. She and Jeh looked nice together.

A choreographer came towards me. She shook my hand.

"Hi, I'm Neeta. I'll be your choreographer for the competition."

"Hi, I'm Piya. I'm so sorry, my partner hasn't come yet....so I have to make you wait."

"It's okay. I'll manage. In the
meantime, lets decide the steps....do you have a song in mind?"

I handed her the slip with the song name on it. She smiled.

"Very good choice. I will make sure you two do justice to this song."

"Thank you Neeta." Now only if Abhay would show up...I should call him.

"I'll just go and call Abhay."

"Take your time."

(Abhay's POV)

My phone buzzed several times already. Piya is calling. She is probably wondering where I am. But I can't near anyone. The hunger was becoming unbearable. I haven't fed in three days. I...need....blood.

"Control yourself Abhay." I took deep breaths. But it didn't help. The scent of human blood surrounded me. It was intoxicating.

"I need Sid's help." I quickly dialed his number.

"Hello...."

"Sid....I'm losing control of myself. I need blood NOW." My breaths became faster.

"Abhay, just hold on. I'm coming. Meet me at the back of the college. Just hold on." He hung up.

(Piya's POV)

"Abhay, why aren't you picking up my call?" I called him several times but no response. Where is he?

"Piya, come. Let me teach you your steps while we wait for your partner." Neeta took me inside.

She became my temporary partner for the session. I had to admit that she was a great dancer. We covered all the steps and explained all the things about a good performance, but Abhay didn't show up. Practice ended shortly afterward.

"Hey Piya, how was the practice?" Misha asked.

"Bad...Abhay didn't show up. I had to dance with the choreographer..." I frowned.

"That's odd....Abhay is those punctual type guys.....anyways don't spoil your mood.

Let's go and have fun." She playfully grabbed my wrist and dragged me away.

(??????'s POV)

"Did you get to Piya yet?" I asked.

"Yes my lord, I became her choreographer for this stupid dance competition....It seems that I have gained her trust."

"Well done, Neeta.....what about her partner...you need to get him out of the way."

"Don't worry my lord. I will find a way to get rid of him."

"I have full faith in you. Gain Piya's trust and finish her when the time comes."

"As you wish my lord." She hung up.

Finally my wish will come true. I will become the strongest warlock in existence."

(Piya's POV)

Finally Abhay showed up. I walked up to him.

"Abhay, where were you? I was waiting at the dance practice, but you never showed up."

"I'm sorry Piya.....I had some issues to take care of."

"Okay....it's fine." I said, sounding a little upset.

"I promise you this will never happen again."

"Promise?" He nodded.

We shared a brief eyelock. His eyes seemed to be pulling me into another dimension. He slowly leaned forward towards my face, and left a small kiss on my cheek. It sent my world spinning. Something on Abhay's bottom lip broke my trance. It was a dark red and was wet. It looked like blood.

"Abhay, you have something on your lip."

"What?" He looked at me funny.

"It looks like blood." I said.

His expression went from calm to uncomfortable. He broke his gaze from mine.

"I'll go and clean it up." He rushed away from there.

The bell rang for the next class. Maya caught up with me and told me everything in detail about how her dancing went with Jeh.