Chapter 29

(Piya's POV)
(5 days later..)

The snake poison had spread completely. Although it could never kill me, it did cause me pain and weakness. I couldn't even lift my head up anymore. It hurt too much to do so. The chains that bound me aggravated the pain even further. I was scared. I wanted to get out of here, and be safe in Abhay's arms.

Who knew how long I was going to stay here? There was supposed to be a full moon night in two days. Would he execute his plan then? Abhay wasn't able to reach me yet. Arnab must be stopping him from reaching me. But my faith in him remained intact. He would stop at nothing to save me.

(Abhay's POV)

I sat in the large chair facing the fireplace, thinking. We only had two days left before the blue moon, before Arnab killed my Piya and sapped her power for himself. Our every attempt to get to his hideout failed. He had too much protection in the form of werewolves and dark witches. We had one more plan left, but it was risky. I was ready to take the risk regardless.

(Flashback)

Dad gathered us all into one circle. We had one final chance to get to Arnab.

"What do we have to do, Chand?" One of the councilmen asked.

"As we all know, Arnab has gathered a substantial amount of his followers and has created a large army to protect himself. I have come to a point to realize that the only way to get to him is to infiltrate his hideout. We need to get in there by sending someone to become their captive. Once that person is in there, he can inform us of what Arnab is planning down there, and also destroy what he is using to control the werewolves. Then we can stop him effectively."

The thing he was speaking of was a staff, one with a glowing red orb fixated on its top. I had noticed him waving it around during one of the werewolf encounters

"And who will be the person to do that?" He inquired.

"I think Abhay should go. Arnab will be most likely to take Abhay as a captive to blackmail Piya into doing what he wants." He turned to me. "Will you do this Abhay?"

"Of course I will." I said firmly. It was our last hope.

The plan was explained in more detail to me. Once I got in, I would destroy any restraints they put on me and compel one of the guards watching over me. I would take his place and find Piya. A surprise attack of sorts. I wanted to get her out of there at the instant I found her, but that would be too dangerous.

(End of Flashback....)

"Are you ready, Abhay?" Dad asked.

I nodded. The two of us ventured out. Once we neared the waterfall, I began to tear my shirt and scratch my skin with my sharp nails until blood was oozing out from multiple places. I went out in the open and laid down on the ground. Dad nodded at me and moved away from there. I closed my eyes and pretended to be unconscious.

Soon enough, one of Arnab's cronies approached me. I could smell him, and his blood. I kept my composure, while controlling my bloodlust.

"Ajay, Sumeet, come here." He called. More footsteps.

"Isn't that....?" They paused. "Looks like the wolves got him. Let's take him captive, our lord will be pleased."

"That's a great idea." One walked away, coming back later with an object that was making much noise when moved. They wrapped it around my wrists. Chains.

"Let's take him down." One said. They lifted me off the ground and took me somewhere. It suddenly felt colder and damp. That meant we were going beneath the waterfall.