Chapter 28

(Piya's POV)

I searched for Abhay everywhere. But I couldn't find him. I could sense him in the house, but where exactly was he? I didn't have much time...I needed to warn him. I found myself at the top of the staircase.

"Abhay..." I called.

(Abhay's POV)

"Abhay...." I heard her voice. She was nearby. I could feel her presence in the house. I walked towards the door of the study. Everyone was confused.

"Abhay where are you going?" Dad asked.

"I can feel Piya. She is somewhere around here." I said. I pushed the doors open and walked outside. I searched frantically for her.

"Piya?" I looked at the top of the staircase, and there she was. She looked relieved. I ran upstairs to her. I tried to touch her....but my hand went though. She didn't look the same either.

"Abhay I don't have much time...."

"How did you get here Piya? And why can't I touch you?" I asked.

"This is my spirit....my body is still trapped. You have to save me Abhay." There was a plea in her eyes.

"I will do anything in my power to save you Piya. Just tell me where you are." I said.

"I don't know....all I know is that it's a dark stone cave. And water seeps through the ceiling, and I could here a crashing sound above me...it's scary..." She said, her voice shaking. "I have to leave now...I can't stay for long..."

"I will get you out of there soon Piya. I won't let that man live once I get my hands on him." I said. She smiled a little in faith. She walked backwards a few steps and vanished into thin air. I hurried back to the study.

"Did you find her Abhay?" Mom asked.

"I did. Her spirit came and spoke to me." Diana looked at me confused.

"But I didn't teach her that spell..." She said.

"What spell?" I asked.

"It's a spell only a few moonlight witches now how to master. With it, we can travel outside of our bodies for a certain amount of time. Piya must've learnt it on her own and used it to come here."

I thought about the place where Piya was mentioning. A cave, water dripping heavily from the ceiling, a crashing noise. The only place I could think of was the waterfall on the other side of the city. That place was abandoned as well. He must be hiding her there.

"From what she told me....it sounds like they are holding her captive somewhere near the waterfall....the one on the other side of the city." I said.

"That might be a possibility. No one has been there for decades." Samarth said.

While we were discussing this, the councilmen where huddled in a small group in the corner. Occasionally they looked at me and nodded to each other.

"Chand...Haseena...please come here." They called them over, and they went outside. I sat down in front of the fireplace and closed my eyes. My anger was returning again. It had taken me decades to control it, but now it was coming back.

(Writer's POV)

Chand and Haseena exchanged glances with each other after looking back at their son through the crevice in the door. There was something about him that the councilmen hadn't known, but they sensed it.

"Chand, I think it's time to tell them."

"I agree."

He thought about how to explain it...and then began...