Chapter 19

(Piya's POV)

Mr. Dobriyal was carried away by the guest and his family. Abhay was watching him with disgust. He approached me and walked me outside.

"Abhay...what happened?"

"That Mr. Dobriyal....I want you to stay away from him." He said cautiously.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he is the one who wants to kill you."

"What?! What are you saying Abhay?"

"That same warlock that we encountered upstairs. It was Mr. Dobriyal. I saw the scratches I gave him."

"Oh no! What do we do now?"

"As of right now, you need to stay with me. I can't let anything happen to you."

"But how? He could get to me while I'm at home." I said panicked.

"I will be with you at night from now on. In your bedroom."

"Excuse me?!" I said. Abhay in my bedroom! He chuckled.

"Not in your bed Piya....I'll just be near your bed."

"What if something happens to you?" I asked. I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"Don't worry Piya. I am strong enough to handle him."

I nodded. He cupped my face and kissed me on my forehead. I fell in his embrace. He lifted my face to his and whispered.

"I'll be over there on two hours." He said.

All the guest began to leave. Kaka and Maya came out last.

"Piya let's go! I'm very tired." Maya said. She pulled me into the car again.

We were silent on the way home. Kaka was shaken up a bit after the shooting incident. Maya had fallen asleep, mouth wide open. I was tempted to pour water into her mouth, but I didn't want her to retaliate. One time I messed with Maya, she put itching powder in my shirt.

I stared out the open window of the car, thinking about Abhay. His distinctive taste still lingered on my lips. I remembered the kiss. I wanted to experience that movement again. I wanted to feel that burst of love and passion again. I wanted him.

Wait just a second Piya! Have you fallen in love?

(Abhay's POV)

Shweta was teasing me on the way home.

"So what's going on between you and Piya?"

"Nothing. We're just friends."

"Oh really? So a kiss on the forehead means friendship?" She giggled.

"What are you saying bhabhi?"

"I'm saying what I saw. My eyes don't lie."

I ignored her and kept my eyes on the road. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw her there. Beautiful as ever with a soft smile on her face. She let her hair down, letting it sway with the outside breeze. Her baby brown eyes sparkled in the moonlight. She was mesmerizing. I wanted her for myself.

"Piya....I want to tell you something."

She continued to smile. I slowed down.

"Piya.....I...love..you." I whispered.

I stopped the car to the side and turned to the back seat. Piya was smiling even wider now. I leaned in to give her a kiss, when suddenly she vanished. My bubble burst when I saw Shweta sitting to. I jerked back.