Chapter 21

(Writer's POV)

A young witch stood at the balcony of her house, staring at the moon. She held a small sleeping child in her arms. The woman worried about her daughter, about her future. She wanted to protect her from all evils at all costs. Especially that man. That man who fathered her, Arnab Dobriyal. He left them both as soon as their bundle of joy was born, thinking of family as a burden and a hindrance to success. He wanted power, which he couldn't find with them. He left them a few weeks back in search of that power. He resorted to evil to gain strength, eliminating anything, even his loved ones to obtain it.

Through much searching, Arnab discovered the way to gaining ultimate strength. He had to perform a sacrifice of a blood relative. Anyone would do. But he couldn't think of anyone who was related by blood to him. All of his family had been executed due his choice of joining the dark realm. As a punishment. The greed for power drove his mind to extremes. He took his albums out of the cupboards and flipped through them rapidly. He stopped at one picture, of his wife and their child. That child....he thought....was the one he needed. He smiled in devilish manner and devised his heinous plan.

The young witch, called Sugandh, eagerly watched her little princess grow up. She named her Piya, meaning beloved. She was her mother's beloved. She never let Piya know about her witch bloodline. A well-wisher informed her about Arnab's plans. She had to protect her daughter from him. If her powers weren't activated, she was no use to him. Yes, Sugandh had to prevent her powers from emerging. She used a spell on the bracelet that would later activate her powers. That spell prevented the bracelet from working until Piya was old enough to handle her powers.

Piya was a very happy child, the apple of her mother's eye. She always enjoyed being with Sugandh, sticking close to her like glue. Their life was a happy one, until that unfortunate night that tore mother and daughter apart.

Piya was peacefully sleeping next to Sugandh, grasping a part of her nightgown in her little fist. A strong gust of wind blew the bedroom window open, waking Sugandh up. She approached the window cautiously. Suddenly a man pounced on her, a shiny silver dagger in hand.

"Your time is up Sugandh. I'm back, and taking my daughter back with me."

"Arnab! No please leave her alone." She screamed into his face, pinned down forcibly by Arnab.

"You still remember me? That's unexpected. Unfortunately this reunion won't last for long."

"No! NO!" She screamed.

"Goodbye Sugandh!" He hissed, plunging the dagger into her chest. The magic flowed out of her body and vanished into the earth. She was dead.

Arnab wiped his bloody hands on the bed sheet, taking a minute to stare at his daughter. She looked just like Sugandh.

"It's a shame I have to kill you as well."

He picked up Piya and leaped out of the window. Two men were waiting for him in the forest, holding a wooden box that emitted a mysterious black aura.

"Keep her in this box and bury her somewhere deep in the forest. Once she dies of suffocation, her magic will remain trapped in this box. Then I with gather it on the full moon tomorrow."

"Yes sir." They said.

They opened the box and Arnab placed her inside, looking at her small face one last time before shutting the box.

(Abhay's POV)

I was lost in my own thoughts when suddenly Piya began to shout in her sleep.

"Mommy! Help me! It's dark!" She shouted.

I put my hands on either side of her head and concentrated. She was surrounded by complete darkness, her hands were banging on something solid above her. This young Piya was familiar. I seen that fear on her face before. Then I realized that she was dreaming about the time spent in that box. From where I saved her from. I tried to speak to her and calm her down.

"Piya! Can you hear me? I'm right here. Please wake up." I said.

I shook her and patted her cheeks. She woke up after a few tries. She sat upright and hugged me tightly.

"It's okay Piya. There is nothing to be afraid of." I said.

"My father.....he's....he's..Arnab Dobriyal." She said, breathing heavily.

"Are you sure?! How is that possible?"

"My dream clearly indicated that he is my father. And he wants to kill me." She said in one breath.

"Not if I kill him first. You will stay away from him at all costs. We can't risk anything."

"Abhay....I'm scared. I can't even stop him on my own. I'm weak."

"You'll become stronger with the coming days. Keep practicing. Believe in yourself." I said, staring into her swirling brown eyes. "And I think dad should be some help in this."

"Really? He can help me?"

"Yes. He has good relations with the witches. If he asks them, they can help you train."

"Thank you Abhay." She said, showing a small smile.

"Finally you smiled. You look terrible when you are upset." I teased.

"Stop it Abhay!" She blushed. "No more teasing or else I'll stop talking to you."

"Then I'll scare you again." I said.

"No!" Her face was full of shock. I chuckled.

"I won't. I promise you in the name of our love."

"Getting dramatic now, I see. Where is my naughty, romantic Abhay?"

"You want naughty and romantic? Coming right up." I growled playfully.

I pushed her softly back on the bed and began my attack. Her messy hair sprawled out onto the bed, exposing her neck and collarbone. Her arms circled my neck as she pulled me closer.

(Piya's POV)

He moved in for the smooch, my parted lips waiting for his cold ones. He sucked on my lips passionately, getting familiar with my exotic taste. He refused to break away from the kiss, even as my breaths grew quicker. My quick heartbeat told him to stop.

"Sorry jaan. I went too far."

"But I liked it."

"You are so naughty Piya."

"You made me naughty."

"Really? I would have never guessed." He purred in my ear, nicking it with his teeth. It was bleeding.

"Ouch!" I said.

"Let me fix that jaan." He said, licking the spot with his tongue. I giggled.

"You taste so good jaan." He murmured, nuzzling his face in my neck.

"Shut up. I don't want to be a vampire's dinner." I said playfully.

"You sure about that. Not even this vampire's dinner?" He asked, winking.

"For you.....maybe."

"I'm just joking Piya. I can't even imagine doing that to you."

"You are so sweet Abhay. I don't think I would have found anyone else as sweet as you."

"I know. And I won't let you find anyone else. You're mine. Only mine." He said.

After cuddling and nuzzling each other to the extent of exhaustion, I feel asleep in his protective embrace. No other nightmare reached me that night.