Chapter 26

(Abhay's POV)
(6 months later...)

I watched Piya practice her magic with Diana. She had fully mastered them a few weeks ago. Every so often she would playfully attack me. And I would dodge it each time. She'd giggle, and sometimes I'd run at her and seize her by the waist, twirling her about in the air. Diana watched, smiling wide. Thankfully, Arnab wasn't active around this time. But he was planning something big. I was more protective of her nowadays. I couldn't let her out of my sight for even a second. Arnab was using an army of brainwashed werewolves and dark witches to harm us, instead of facing us. A werewolf attacked us today. But I seized and drained it before it even touched Piya. Unlike other attacks by werewolves before I drank Piya's blood, I emerged uninjured. It was like her blood made me more powerful than I was before.

She skipped over to me after practicing.

"Abhay, take me home na....I'm tired." I chuckled and lifted her into my arms. She was looking beautiful, her runes inked her skin in highly decorative patterns, glowing softly in the moonlight. And this ethereal creation was mine.

"So demanding jaan...." I said. She giggled. I liked the sound.

I carried her home, through the dark forest. The area was familiar to me, but it wasn't to Piya. She would flinch each time she heard a noise. She clung tightly to me, like she would never let go of me, even if her life depended on it.

"It's okay jaan. I'm here." I consoled her.

Numerous witches were patrolling the area around Piya's house, to make sure Arnab wouldn't harm her family. I had seen him once in Dehradun in the past few months. Misha kept telling us he had gone abroad for a few years. But we knew that was a lie. He was still here, terrorizing us.

(Piya's POV)

Abhay took me to my room through my window. It was late at night and Maya and Kaka must've fallen asleep. He laid me down on the bed and handed me my night gown from my closet.

"Thank you." I gleefully said.

I changed into the gown, with Abhay waiting out in my room for me. I creaked the door open and peered outside. No one. Did he leave? I walked out and looked around.

"Abhay?" I said, when suddenly I was pulled backwards. Right into Abhay's bare, perfectly chiseled chest. Gosh he was so sexy! He playfully growled in my ear, holding me tight by one arm. His grip was so strong that I couldn't move a muscle. He removed a lock of my hair from my face and placed a smoldering kiss on my lips.

"Abhay....stop it." I said, blushing. He smirked.

"I want this moment to last. You get your girls' night out tomorrow with your friends, while I finish some boring office work. I won't see you tomorrow."

"You can handle one day Abhay." I said.

"I'm just kidding jaan. I want you to relax with your friends. I have all eternity with you." He caressed my cheek. "Our love is sealed for eternity."

He ended that sentence with another kiss, this time a longer one that took my breath away. He picked me up and tucked me into bed.

"Good night jaan." He whispered. He then put me into a deep sleep.

(Next Day....)

Misha and I were waiting outside the cinema hall for Panchi and Maya. They were too busy buying snacks for the film. We had planned to watch "Bang Bang" today. I was a big fan of Hrithik Roshan. Misha paced back and forth.

"Will you two hurry up?" She yelled at the two. People turned to stare at her.

"Misha stop yelling!"