back to normal

"miss class president, are those hickies on your neck" haechan said catching the attention of everyone in the hallways as Chaerin walked towards her locker

"mister bad boy, is that a stick up your ass" she asked with a smirk before shoving her books into her locker. seeing one of mark's old notebooks where he would usually write all sorts of stuff, poetry, lyrics to songs that he would sing, raps, whatever came out of his creative brain.

"what are you doing here?" she asked, slamming her locker shut as she saw haechan move towards her and lean against the neighbouring lockers

"nothing, just making sure you know that Soyeon also counts when i tell you not to say anything...to anyone" he said and she sighed

"trust me, i don't want anyone to kno- hey! is that my jacket?!" she whisper screamed to not get any attention and haechan smirked as he looked at the denim material he chose to wear today to piss her off

"yup" he said winking in her direction

"give it back" she said narrowing her eyes at him

"hmm why don't you come take it off me like you tried to do with my shirt a few nights ago" he said, blowing a bubble with his chewing before walking away from her making her sigh. she cursed herself mentally for giving him a reason to tease her, giving him the upper hand.

"So as you guys know, the midterm exam preparations are starting today. Make sure to study hard, especially if you're looking to get into SNU"  the home room teacher said and the class stiffened up in their seats

"Surely some people have a free pass to SNU, isn't that right Chaerin?" Haechan said from the back of the class making her turn around to look at him in his usual spot

"Some of us just have brains Haechan" she said rolling her eyes before turning back in her seat, which was at the very front.

"Exactly, there's no such thing as a free pass to SNU so make sure to use these things" the teacher said, tapping his head.

"But getting the principal's recommendation is definitely worth putting on your CV, best of luck" the teacher said leaving the class and the students went back to doing their own things. The girly group which applied makeup and gossip, the guys that pass a basketball around the room, the nerdy ones who started studying already (surprisingly Chaerin is not one of them) and the bad boys, aka. Haechan and Jaemin, who were busy going on their phones ranting about how hot Bae Suzy is.

Chaerin stood up from her seat with her iPad and walked to the front of the class to do her weekly briefing, as the class representative she was immediately everyone's favourite. She had perks from the school and people were buttering up to get on her good side. Everyone except Jeno's friends who simply didn't care and Soyeon who already knew Chaerin would favourite her.

"Okay so for this week the people who are in charge of classroom clean up are Seo Jenny, Kim Sara and Lee minhyu-" she paused as she saw the name Lee Minhyung on her ipad. Immediately clearing her throat and ignoring the feeling of her stomach sinking she looked up to the class who was looking at her with their attention.

"Lee Minhyuck" she said, pressing her lips into a thin line

"But I was on clean up last week" minhyuck mumbled, looking up fro. His textbook

"Too bad" she said under her breath before sliding to the next slide on her ipad.

"Assembly this week is in the main court, half 9 Wednesday. There will be a midterm celebration party on friday in the school hall and....that's it" she said sighing and sitting back in her seat.

____________________________________________

A few days had simply passed with nothing big happening. Mark had called her everyday to catch up. To him it was a way of helping her get over him and to see him as a friend, but mark himself was scared to lose her no matter what the distance was. He knew they wouldn't have lasted with the 13hr time distance and the oblivion surrounding whether mark would ever come back or not, he didn't want to keep her waiting. For her simply waiting around for mark to call her wasn't helping at all. When he would call she would be happy, when he didn't she would be depressed. Things had turned upside down for her when Mark hadn't called for 2 days straight, but today he did and as usual, she answered with a bright smile.

"Hey!" Her voice said, eyes lighting up at the sound of shuffling on the other line

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asked

"I'm alright, a bit busy studying for these exams" she said, lying. She wasn't busy studying. Everytime she opened a book all she could think of was the times that Mark studied with her at the cafeteria near the school.

"You're gonna ace them! Dude I auditioned for some music academy here and I think I'm gonna get in" he said excitedly through the phone

"Oh my god! Mark that's so go-"

"Mark, we're gonna be late" a voice said on the other line, a girl's voice

"Oh...uh yeah I'll be there in a sec........Chae I'll call you back later" Mark said, hanging up before she could even answer and she slumped onto her bed, the smile on her face now long gone.

He was already with another girl? I mean....who was she to judge right? After kissing Haechan just less than a week after she broke up with mark, she was no saint.