alcohol poisoning

"haechan...come here" a voice whispered from behind him as he sat with his friends in the waiting room, glancing his eyes over Chaerin's parents and their stressed features. once his ears had perked up at the voice he immediately turned around to see a girl wearing a big grey hoodie and a black mask.

"come with me" the voice said once more before getting up from the seat and turning at a corner in the hallway of the hospital. with a sigh, not exactly in the mood for games, Haechan placed his hands on his knees tightly and got up with as much energy as he had left.

"where are you going?" mark asked from beside him, holding his wrist to get his attention. during the course of waiting for the doctor to finish running all the necessary tests on Chaerin the two had grown close to each other, they both loved and they were both willing to work together as long as it was for Chaerin.

"I'm just gonna get some water" haechan said and mark nodded, letting go of his wrist

"buy Mrs.Park some coffee on your way up as well" he said and haechan nodded, glancing one more time at the woman who struggled to hold back her sobs while her husband sat in the seat beside her, they looked as if they were divorced already.

he left the waiting room area and turned the same turn as the figure in the grey hoodie, eventually seeing them near the fire exit door at the very end of the hallway

"I don't have time for this" haechan said as he approached the figure, once hearing his voice, the mask and the hoodie came down slowly

"soyeon? is this some kind of joke?" haechan asked with a scoff as he leaned against the fire exit door, looking at her tear stained red cheeks

"I need your hel-"

"forget it" he said, not interested in what she had to say

"you need to hear this." she said making him look at her with dead serious eyes

"no more fucking games okay, was it you this whole time? could you really do that to your own best fri-"

"please haechan you need to tell the doctors that it was alcohol poisoning"

"what?!"

"there were .... two wine bottles....not one" she admitted and haechan's hand flew up to his face, slowly massaging his nose bridge.

"Seriously why are you like this?! what the hell did she do wrong?!" he shouted angrily as she stood there, looking down at her own feet in shame.

"you have some thick skin to show up here and act like you're saving her life after nearly ending it" he muttered, walking away from her and towards the group of people who were waiting for the doctor.

"dude you're not meant to go in" jaemin's voice was drowned out completely from his head as haechan walked towards the door of her hospital ward, quickly slipping himself inside. as much as he didn't want to see the view, he was met with it first. her body lifeless on the hospital bed, connected to numerous machines to help her do the most simplest of actions, breathe.

"sir I'm going to need you to step out of the roo-"

"it's alcohol poisoning" he said, looking at the nurse

"yes and she will most likely recover soo-"

"no...I was wrong....when I told you there was one bottle- shit there was two. she's never drunk that much" haechan said, as he felt his breath get hitched in his throat

"sir, please step outside, I'll get the doctor to administer some drugs to get it out of her system, thank you for informing us" the nurse said, running out of the room to get another doctor, a more skilled one at this case

"chaerin....wake up...you have to wake up" he whispered as he saw her body lay there without an inch of movement. he wasn't willing to make this his last memory of her.

"haechan what's going on?!" Chaerin's mother asked rushing upto him as she saw more doctors and nurses rushing into the room

"there was....another bottle of alcohol that she drank....the level of alcohol poisoning is a lot higher than we thought" he said, trying his best to hold onto her mother as she crouched onto the floor, crying into his shoulder

"why? why would she do that?! that doesn't make sense-"

"someone made her drink it" haechan said, ready to tell her the truth. he couldn't stand looking at the woman crumble down right before his eyes

"what does that mean?" she asked him and haechan turned his head to mark, signalling him to get everyone else to leave the waiting room to give him and her mother some privacy.

"it started about....two months ago. we met at this party and we started to do something really stupid. we thought it would be a one time thing but shit....we ended up really liking each other. just as we were about to tell the whole school that we were together, someone found out about what we were doing behind closed doors and they.....threatened her with it...as it kept going on more more and more secrets came out and it was being held against her so she just followed doing whatever this person told her to do to protect everyone else around her-"

"who is this person? who could have done such a thing?!" her mother shouted angrily and haechan hesitated to finish his words but she asked him again

"Lee Soyeon"

a/n: yuh I just decided to give them a happy ending because the sequel sounds too familiar to the plot of the  heaven's verdict ff lol