hold on

if another party was to view the scene, they would only get more confused looking at an eighteen year old girl who was supposed to be writing her college entrance exams for her dream university sitting at the edge of the school rooftop drinking a whole bottle of red wine. the exact same wine haechan had given her during their dinner date.

looking down at the bottle she couldn't help but let out a chuckle, one that contradicted the hot tears flowing down her cheeks. she couldn't believe, the way things were going. the fact that she had to go through extents like this to live a normal life. seemed like this unknown person wasn't going to stop until her life was completely ruined.

"fuck this, my life is shit anyway" she said, chuckling through tears as she pulled the cap of the bottle open, bringing it to her lips.

"cheers, to this fucked up world" she said, allowing herself to taste the bitterness of the alcohol as soon as it burned into the back of her throat. there was no turning back, no other option that she had.

____________________________________________

"can I go to the bathroom please?" haechan asked, viewing the clock that showed exactly thirty minutes passing from the beginning of the exam.

"that means you will need to hand in your test paper...are you fini-"

"yeah I'm done" haechan said rushing out of his seat, giving the empty exam paper back to the examiner. he was in no position to write the exam. he needed to find her.

____________________________________________

"I'm so tired of being blamed for everything! it's my turn! mark....you were a shit boyfriend! it was fun while it lasted but you and I were so different, it wasn't a match. in the end you only cared about yourself and you left me! they all leave me! my mom, dad, you- no one cares about me! even if I die no one's going to care.....that's what they want" she cried, drunk and not in the right mind to process the fact that she had finished two bottles of wine as she stood on the ledge of the rooftop, staring down at the platform of the school's basketball court several stories beneath her.

holding out the empty glass bottle of wine, she dropped it, watching it slowly fall onto the ground and eventually smash in the court. it took barely even two seconds. she could end it all in just 2 seconds. the struggle she had been fighting for the last 2 months- heck most of her life- could all disappear in a mere few seconds.

"they don't care. they'll be sad for 2 days and then they'll move on. they have their own lives to live. they'll forget about me. Soyeon would be happier without me around, my parents can finally focus on their business.....everything would be better without me" she said, her feet ready to take one dangerous step even closer to the edge but a voice stopped her.

"what about me?"

she froze her actions immediately, stiffening up as she heard the voice behind her, the voice she once hated but grew to love. his voice.

"h-haechan" she whispered, turning around, making her bloodshot eyes meet his as he scanned her features with his own teary eyes.

"what about me? I won't be better off without you" haechan said, sniffing as he viewed what the girl he had grown so attached to was ready to do.

"please chae...don't leave me-"

"you'll find someone better-"

"I dont....I don't want better.....I want you...park chaerin you idiot! I love you!" he exclaimed making her chuckle at his insult before confessing his love to her.

"I really love you, you complete me. so please.....I'm begging you- just....get down from there and come to me" he said, walking towards her slowly but she remained hesitant