love letter

"What's that?" Chaerin asked, leaning over haechan's shoulder in the empty hallway as he stood by his opened locker, startling him.

"Uh...n-nothing" he said but she was quick to take the pink coloured paper from him. Without further thought, she began reading its contents out loud.

"Dear Haechan, how was your day? You probably didn't notice me, you never do but I notice you..." she said, her voice trailing off into nothing as her eyes scanned the next few lines, her smile leaving her face.

I notice the way your eyes gleam when you talk to your friends, the way your skin glows every morning as you sit by the window, the way your tongue pokes out as you doodle on your maths book---

"You done?" Haechan asked and she looked up from the letter and gave it to him immediately

"I'm...sorry...I didn't mean to-"

"Pry? Look through my things? Involve yourself in things that don't involve you?" Haechan asked looking at her sternly

"I'm sorry, I didn't know" she said, embarrassed with her actions as she looked towards her feet. The sound of paper being ripped up made her look up from the ground. Haechan walked towards her to whisper something into her ear.

"I'm not mad, play along" he whispered  before turning back to his cold voice

"Stay away from me miss president" he said, flinging the ripped up pieces of paper into the air making them fall onto her. She furrowed her brows and looked around to see a few students in the hallway and she sighed realising that they weren't alone like she thought they were.

"I hope you're gonna clean this up Lee" she said sternly crossing her arms over her chest

"And if I don't?" He asked with a smirk

"That's not an option" she said, walking past him, trying to suppress her smile and he did as well as the students around him gasped at the act they were putting on as he left the area, the pieces of paper left scattered on the ground.

____________________________________________

"You should have seen her at the party man, she looked incredible"

"Mark must have been a lucky guy"

"Good that he's gone now right? Competition's on boys"

"Just watch, I'll make her mine"

The group of boys conversing simply irritated haechan as he watched them eye her body movements as her back was turned to the whole classroom as she tried to clean the whiteboard before the home room teacher came.

Abruptly standing up from his seat and making sure to make a loud screech as pushed his chair back under the table, he began to walk towards the front of the classroom.

"Hey shortie, still can't reach the top with five inch heels on?" He asked walking up behind her and taking the duster from her hand, leaning into her back to whisper into her ear.

"Go sit down. Those idiots are staring at your ass and this is the most I can do" he said, slightly pushing her out of the way and continuing to wipe the board. She looked at his tensed features, continue to wipe the board, he was clearly pissed off. Following his orders, she turned around to see a group of four jocks eyeing her from the back of the classroom making her feel small and she quickly took her seat, mentally thanking haechan for stepping in.

Haechan quickly finished up his job at wiping the board as the home room teacher came in, even he was surprised that haechan had initiated to clean the board. Turning around haechan looked at Chaerin who smiled gratefully towards him. As much as he wanted to return it, he couldn't since the whole class was looking at him walking towards her. Parting his eyes from her, he walked back to his seat near Jaemin who was too busy playing a game on his phone to even notice that haechan was gone.

____________________________________________

"You're the ideal candidate. I'll give you another information and contact booklet. As long as you keep your academic grades up, I'm sure SNU will be likely to contact you. Maybe try join a club? SNU loves it when students show they are adaptable and compatible" the scout said with a bright smile and Chaerin sighed in relief

"Thank you so much, I hope to hear from you soon" she said, standing up and respectfully bowing to the woman who bowed back before they parted ways. With the good news, she immediately texted Soyeon telling her how good it went but she ultimately wanted to tell haechan.

Calling him through the number had given her, he answered after 3 rings.

"What's up?" He asked with a heavy sigh and her brows furrowed

"Everything okay?" She asked

"Uh...yeah just my parents...they came back and saw the house messy...kinda got mad" he said chuckling through the phone

"Will you be allowed out?" She asked

"I should be...why?"

"Well the scout interview went amazingly well and I'm thinking my place, champagne and celebratory sex" she said making his ears perk up

"Say no more, be there in 10" haechan said with eagerness dripping from his voice as he ended the call.

Chaerin smirked, ending the call and getting a cab to her house. Haechan on the other hand, changed from his sweats into something a bit more fancier than normal. Black skinny jeans and a white button up shirt paired with a Dior belt. He was so conscious that he even put on his best cologne, one he normally wore on special occasions. This time, using gel, he styled his hair up, giving a full show of his forehead than keeping his hair straight down like normal.

"Mom I'm gonna study with a friend at the library" he said and before he could run out with his bag slung over a shoulder, his mother stepped into view

"Dressed like that?" She asked with a slight smirk and haechan nervously chuckled

"Be back by 11, I hope this is a girl I'll be happy with" his mother said making heat rise to cheeks.

"Make sure it's only study, remember the deal we made?" His father -step father- asked from the couch, reading from an ipad.

"Yes I remember. All A's or Hail Mary's" haechan said with a fake smile, stepping out of the house and placing his bag into his car before speeding off towards her house, eager to see the girl he had been waiting to hear from.