memories

"she has symptoms of mild hypothermia, she'll probably be unconscious for a while...nothing too serious, just make sure she keeps herself warm and takes some pain killers when she wakes up" Leetuk explained one more time to haechan as he walked out of front door. haechan nodded and bid his goodbye to Leetuk before heading up to her room and watching her rest on the bed, making sure she was buried in fluffy blankets and that the room heating was on.

even though he was clearly sweating, he buried himself into the bed beside her, pulling her body closer to his in attempts to give her more warmth. he felt bad for what he put her through, she was clearly vulnerable and he made her health even worse.

a few hours passed and haechan eventually fell asleep right beside her. she woke up a while later to see her face buried into his chest, his heavy and steady breaths complimenting her more slower ones. her eyes slowly scanned over the beads of sweat on his forehead and neck and she attempted to sit up to remove some of the blankets but she only woke him up in the process.

"you're awake?" haechan asked, in surprise as he sat up slowly

"yeah, hold on...I'm going to turn off the heat-"

"no. Leetuk said you need to raise your body temperature" Haechan said, stopping her but she chuckled

"well you're going to get a fever if I don't turn it off, just give me a second" she said,  getting off the bed and quickly running down to the kitchen to turn off the heating before coming back upstairs.

"thanks for stay-"

"I'm sorry" Haechan breathed out making her look at him with worry as his nervous hands slowly trembled

"I shouldn't have brought you there and forced you to do that" he said and she sighed

"it's fine...I needed to do it" she said making him look up at her

"you're not....angry?" he asked and she slowly took steps towards him and he grabbed her waist with his hands as she stood in front of him, seating her down slowly on his lap

"you're really scary when you're angry" she said and he smiled softly while looking at her worried expression gaze over his features

"I'm sorry.....I didn't mean to scare you" he whispered, rubbing small circles on her waist with his thumb to try and comfort her

"don't you hate me? how can you even looking at me like that after finding out what happened?" she asked, using the tissue beside her bed to pat the cold beads of sweat from his face with a frown.

"I don't think I can ever hate you" haechan said, stopping her hand from patting his face and laying the arm on his shoulder.

"you could stab me and I'd probably take you out on a date the next day" he said with a slight smirk making her chuckle

"did you avoid me all this time because you...knew?" he asked softly as he watched slowly close her eyes, remembering that there was someone out there, possibly looking to ruin her reputation even further.

"wait, give me your phone" she ordered and once he handed it to her, she shut it off completely, doing the same thing to her own phone. next she went to the curtains and her bedroom door to make sure everything was shut. her hands shakily grazing over objects making him even more confused.

"everything okay?" he asked as she nervously stood in front of him again, trying to steady her breaths

"I....I think theres....someone stalking me" she said bluntly and Haechan's eyes widened at her confession

"okay....wait what?!" he asked, shocked, angry and concerned.

"theres someone out there that knows about everything I'm doing, everything I'm saying and everyone I'm talking to. They told me if stay away from you then the whole school won't find out about us sleeping together an-"

"why...didn't you tell me this sooner? I could have do-"

"yeah well....look what happened when I told Mark" she said with a sigh

"the person is threatening to tell everyone, including my parents, all these fucked up things about me to ruin my reputation, my friendships and possibly my college applications an-"

"okay...just breathe" haechan said, making her roll her eyes

"why is no one taking this seriously?! breathing isnt going to-"

"chaerin...this is serious. okay? very, very serious...and dangerous. but you need to be calm if you want to make rational decisions...so just breathe sweetheart" he said making her bite her lower lip at the nickname

guiding her towards the bed, he helped her sit down while continued to follow his steady breath pattern. after a few minutes of silence they were eventually cuddling on the beds, enjoying each other's presence.

"can you....tell me about her?" she asked slowly, looking up at him with soft eyes and he smiled, kissing her forehead

"she was... always smiling. Her eyes did this thing, kind of like Jeno's when she laughed, the shined brighter than stars...she was precious, not just to me but everyone around her. she was so young but she made people feel comfortable, at ease and you could be yourself around her. for my tenth birthday she brought me a bracelet with a sun on it, saying i was as special as the sun" he said with a smile on his face as he stared into the ceiling and tried to bring back nearly long forgotten memories of his best friend.

"I always remembered her pink butterfly clips” chaerin said with a smile making him lighten up

“Oh god the butterfly clips...she could lose them every time she came to over to my house and i would have be the one stepping on them. They hurt worse than legos” haechan said with a chuckle as he looked down at her lips slowly beginning to pout

"she's also one of the most forgiving people I know...and I know that if she was  here right now chae, she would have forgiven you for what you did" haechan said and Chaerin sighed, shaking her head slightly

"chae....look at me. you're not the person you were when you were twelve, you changed, people change that's what we do. we learn from out mistakes and downfalls. I forgive you chae, you just need to learn to forgive yourself okay? can you do that for me?" haechan asked, extending his hand out to pull her up onto her feet and into a comforting hug.

"I need you to learn to love yourself the way I love you"