Leaving

[BTW, "Ge" means "brother", and "Jie" means "sister"]

Three years passed, and everyone's lives continued. Yuqi still didn't know what to do with Lucas, and still lived with Kun. And now, here Lucas was, showing up at their place randomly.

Yuqi and Kun had no choice but to let Lucas go into the apartment and sit down.

"I'm here to tell you guys...I'm going to South Korea for work." Yuqi nearly felt a sigh of relief. It was good that he was no longer going to be here to bother her. But deep down in her heart, she felt a little sad. She couldn't help but to think about all the memories they made together, but she acted like she didn't care at all.

"It's good that you found a job. When are you leaving?" Kun asked.

"Tomorrow."

"Okay." Yuqi sat there coldly, avoiding any eye contact with Lucas. There was an awkward moment of silence, and then Lucas said, "I...I got you guys a gift, because there's no telling when I'll see you again." He opened the bag and took out a stack of cash.

"It isn't much...but...." Kun shook his head quickly and said, "No, Lucas. You keep it. You'll need it, especially because you're on your own now." Lucas nodded silently and put the stash back. Yuqi was really upset now. She couldn't believe that Kun was still so considerate and thoughtful for Lucas after what he did to her.

"Okay. If that's the case, then...take care." Kun nodded and after giving him a hug, glanced at Yuqi, waiting for her to say goodbye. She stood coldly, still not looking at Lucas. After seeing that Yuqi wasn't going to do or say anything, Lucas got up and left. The moment the door closed, Yuqi regretted it. She considered saying something nice to him, but in the end, she didn't even say goodbye. As much as she hated Lucas, he was once her brother who played and joked with her everyday. Still, he already left, so she decided to let it go.

"Yuqi, why didn't you—"

"I know. I...I want to hate him. But..." Kun took Yuqi's hand and gently said, "No, Yuqi. Even if you're mad at him, you still love him. It's just you don't realize it." Yuqi shook the thought off and didn't reply. She knew she could trust Kun and usually told him everything going on in her mind, but this was different. She didn't want anybody to know. Even Kun.

At that moment, Kun's phone rang. His eyes gleamed and then quickly picked up.

"Hi, Baby." It was Angelababy, Kun's cousin. Everyone called her Baby for short. She was all the way in Shang Hai, where she had a high-paying job there. She would send some money to Kun and Yuqi at the end of each month, but not to Lucas, because she wasn't close with him. Angelababy also came over as often as she could, but due to work, she would only come about three or four times a year. She helped them a lot. Yuqi and Kun were both really grateful for Angelababy, and knew they would repay her in some way in the future.

"Hi Kunkun! I'm planning on going to your place this weekend. I have an extra day off, so I can come on Friday. Is that fine?"

"Of course! That's wonderful. I'll be sure to make you some delicious food then!"

"Okay! Thanks! See you in three days!" Kun couldn't hide the excitement in his voice. Yuqi was also looking forward to it.

Friday was only a day from then, so Kun and Yuqi went to the grocery store to buy some food. Yuqi's cooking skills really weren't that great, so only Kun cooked. Although he also had some room for improvement, he was still pretty decent. The day passed by, and it was 9 o'clock at night. Yuqi was doing homework while listening to some chill music. Things were getting harder, but Yuqi worked harder as well, so everything still worked out.

"Knock knock" Yuqi knew it was Kun, because he usually came back around nine. It was because his company would always make him work overtime. Yuqi quickly opened the door for Kun and helped him take off his coat. It was pouring outside even in the summer. Although the rain wasn't supposed to be terribly cold, this time it was. To make matters worse, Kun had to walk from work back home without an umbrella. He was soaked through completely. Yuqi quickly got him a towel from the bathroom and used it to dry him up. Then, while Kun was drying off, Yuqi got him a cup of warm tea.

"Are you okay?" Asked Yuqi. She was quite concerned, because Kun was shivering in the cold.

"I'm fine. I think I'm going to take a warm shower." Yuqi nodded and went on doing her homework. When she finished, it was already 11 PM, and Kun had gone to bed. So she also slept, and the next day, she was rushing off back to school again. It was early, but Kun always remembered to make Yuqi some breakfast before she went to school. It was usually just some eggs and a sandwich or something like that, but it was still super sweet and thoughtful of him. This morning, however, Kun was still in bed. Yuqi wondered why that was, but she decided not to bother him and took a bottle of orange juice to drink on the way to college. Just like that, she started off for school.

"Yuqi! Over here~" Called Yuqi's best friend, Xuan Yi. They always walked to school together because they only lived a block apart. On the way to school, Xuan Yi was complaining to Yuqi about how hard their homework was. Although Yuqi didn't have the best learning resources compared to others, she was still one of the top students in her entire university. She studied really hard for a better job in the future, and also to repay Kun. He spent all his salary paying rent and supporting her, but because Yuqi had no job and didn't pay, she technically owed Kun a lot of money. Once she had a job, she knew she would start paying back Kun. So far, she wasn't sure what she wanted to be when she grew up. She was interested in finance, which is why she majored in it. But she still wasn't completely sure what to choose.

The day passed by in a flash, and she was heading back home at 3:30. It was a long and tiring day of studying. To save money, Yuqi stayed in an off-campus house, but things were still pretty much the same.

When Yuqi arrived home, Kun wasn't in the house. He was still at work, so Yuqi just did homework in the meantime. This time, it was only 5 when Kun came back from work. This time, he didn't have to work overtime.

But when he came in, Yuqi was worried. His face was pale, and he laid immediately on the couch with no energy whatsoever. Yuqi put thick blankets over him, but he was still cold.

"Kun Ge, do you...have a fever?"