Future

A couple of days later, Lucas found the perfect job 14 minutes away from their apartment. It had a stable salary, nice distance, and great conditions. After discussing in depth with Kun and Yuqi and receiving lots of advice from friends, he decided to take the job.

Two weeks later, he attended the interview online, and he passed. Lucas finally got the perfect job, so just when he received the news of passing, Lucas hurriedly flew back to China out of excitement to see his siblings.

"Yuqi! Kun! I'm back home!" Said Lucas cheerfully right as he gave a hug to each of them when he walked in.

He unpacked his stuff and sat down on the dinner table.

"Lucas, you must be hungry from your flight. Here. Have some fried rice I made." Kun offered. Kun and Yuqi already ate, so Kun just heated up some of the leftovers. Lucas thanked him and finished his food within three minutes.

"Lucas, you should eat slower next time." Kun advised. Yuqi was just about to say the exact same thing, but Kun was faster at it. Lucas nodded and sat down on the couch right next to Yuqi. She was a little startled, but it didn't show on the outside. Lucas took out his phone and texted his friends in Korea that he arrived and stuff. Yuqi was typing her animal report on her tiny computer for school, and Kun was just thinking about some things, dazing at nothing. Then he called both of them over to discuss some problems.

"Now that Lucas is living with us again, we have to sort some things out financially. We still have a lot of debt towards the hospital..." Kun started. Both of them could clearly tell how stressed he was. A slight frown was on his face, and his entire condition wasn't great.

"Here. Have some tea to calm yourself down first." Yuqi handed Kun her cup of tea that she originally poured for herself. She went over to get another one for herself this time.

"Don't worry, my new job pays more than my last one. I also plan to work on Sundays at a cafe. What do you think?" Lucas suggested. Yuqi nodded and said, "That sounds nice. I feel like I should do some gigs when I have time too."

"Okay. But...I calculated it a few minutes ago. Even if we were to do that, it would take us too long to repay debt and all that. Do we have a better plan?" No one suggested anything after Kun said that.

Yuqi said, "Well, I'm graduating in only a month. I'm already looking at some jobs, but I know it needs to be high-paying, otherwise we would be screwed."

"That's true. But what are you thinking?" Lucas asked.

Yuqi wasn't quite sure herself. She did want to start a company at one point, but it seems like now that was not a possibility anymore. Yuqi was interested in finance, but she also wanted to try marketing. She was always best at those persuasive articles.

"I'm looking into finance and marketing. Any suggestions?"

Kun bit his lip and replied, "It's up to you. But what about...marketing research?" Marketing research. Yuqi actually never thought about it, so she pulled out her computer and checked out the basics.

"It looks pretty promising. But it seems like the salary isn't too high. It would still take a while to repay our debt." Yuqi's serious face made Kun feel bad. He knew it was mainly because of his hospital bills, and he blamed himself for putting them in such a situation.

"Don't worry about salaries first. I want you to find a job that you truly love and are passionate about." Kun's soothing and gentle tone calmed Yuqi down. She now felt less stressed, and continued.

"I understand. But I can always find a high-paying job for a moment until we aren't in debt, and then I can change my job." An immediate frown formed on Kun's face, and Lucas also frowned in disapproval.

"No, Yuqi. We just want you to be happy. Money and stuff...that's not as important." Kun looked deep into Yuqi's big eyes with concern and honesty. Lucas nodded in agreement.

Yuqi couldn't help grinning at the two brothers, and then she chuckled lightly.

"Ok. Thanks for the reminder."