What Truly Matters (FINALE)

1 year later...

Things have changed so much since last year. But for the better.

Yuqi and Lucas had officially started dating, back in June, after Lucas asked her out one day. Their personalities fit well, and they balanced each other's flaws. Since they already lived together, they were already both used to each other's lifestyles. "Lucas, now that we're dating and stuff, don't you think it's a bit of a pity I aborted our child back then?"

Lucas smiled gently at his girlfriend. "No, you still made the right decision. Back then, things would've been really rough. Spending the first days of your job pregnant? That sounds impossible." He softly caressed her cheek, a form of affection that he often used. It made Yuqi feel better every time. She looked up at Lucas, which made them both smile affectionately at each other.

While their relationship was progressing pretty well, Kun, who became tired of third-wheeling everyday, also found a partner. It was his child-hood friend, who he knew like the back of his hand, Cheng Xiao. They were already close to begin with, but since she moved over closer, they often hung out. They didn't expect it either, perhaps it just happened naturally.

Kun: xiao xiao, wanna grab some coffee in a bit? maybe at Angel's Cafe?

Cheng Xiao: sure! I'll be there in a bit.

Since their relationship only just started, they were still getting used to hugs and snuggles. But nonetheless, they were slowly warming up to each other. While their dynamic was much different from Lucas and Yuqi's, it was still clear that they started a romantic chapter in the book called life.

Angelababy also visited every now and then. Often, she would make a surprise visit, and give everyone a pleasant surprise with a nicely cooked meal. Her life was still pretty similar to before, but one thing changed for sure. Her high paying job for marketing research was indeed quite a nuisance in the beginning, but slowly and surely, she began to adapt to her work environment. She would have never expected this before, but she's now liking her job. Although it was very stressful at times, Angelababy definitely found the fun in it. Now, it was less of a chore — but rather a fun way to connect.

The hospital bills were all situated by now. The three friends managed to plan their money wisely, and were now covering rent and other costs just fine. Every time they would think back to when they were struggling so desperately, they would even admire themselves. To think that they came from such a humble and cruel background, and shaped who they are now, it really amazed even themselves. It was no easy task, but they got through it. In the end of the day, the outcome was the most rewarding thing of all.

Yuqi's new job had been rather simple and in fact enjoyable, and Lucas and Kun continued on their careers successfully. Things were better than imagined. As for everyone's future... it looked promising as well. They had plans to move places, travel, marry, and even have kids. But they knew that whatever they did, was part of life, and only enriched it more.

Their journey together had been so difficult, yet they managed to find simple joy in everything. Everyone reunited, and that's what truly mattered.

A/N: ty everyone for the support! sorry for the hiatus in between, hope u enjoyed this!! sending lots of love to everyone :)