Disaster

"Lucas? You need to come here. Now." Worry was evident from Yuqi's voice. She wasn't normal for sure. Her voice sounded like it was shaking, and it sounded hoarse, like she's been crying. Lucas didn't know what to do. Yuqi continued on as he started for the airport cluelessly. "It's about...Kun." And with that, Lucas dashed over. Yuqi said he had to hurry, so the call ended.

His brother? What happened? Why was Yuqi acting like that? Lucas's heart was pounding and he was frightened that something terrible happened to Kun. Something very terrible.

When he arrived, Yuqi told Lucas to head for the hospital. That's when Lucas's worst thoughts were confirmed. He ran across the hall with tears already threatening to fall. He held his tears and told himself it would be fine. When he got there, Yuqi and Angelababy were both sitting outside of the room.

"Yuqi! What happened to Kun?" Lucas asks, still panting from the run. Yuqi was clearly crying. As for Angelababy, it was hard to tell. The only thing on her face was her unreadable expression. Yuqi gulped and said to Lucas, "Kun...he was driving late at night, and...there was a drunk man..." Yuqi could barely choke the words out. She closed her eyes for a second to control herself and Lucas thought she was going to have a panic attack.

"Is he...okay?"

"The doctors are treating him right now, but one of the nurses told us he...damaged his lungs badly and right now is in an emergency." Lucas's head suddenly started spinning slightly, so he took a seat next to Yuqi. After what seemed like hours, one of the doctors came out to talk with them.

"How is he, doctor?" Yuqi asked with a worried expression. She seemed like the most affected out of everyone, but she tried to hide it.

"Well, his lungs nearly got crushed, but now he is safe from any serious dangers. At least, for now." Everyone sighed in relief. "But, he may have to stay here for a while...I would say at least 2 weeks." Angelababy nodded in understandment, but Yuqi looked a bit disappointed yet still worried at the same time.

"Doctor, is there a chance we could...talk to him?" Angelababy asked. The doctor shook his head and said, "Not right now. Sorry, maybe tomorrow, if you're lucky?" And with that the doctor left. Yuqi sighed deeply and hugged Angelababy. She needed comfort. Sobbing on her shoulder, Yuqi let out her relief, sadness, desperation, everything. The image was really heartbreaking for Lucas to watch. He wanted to hug Yuqi too and tell her that everything was going to be fine, but he thought it was better not to.

The three of them went back to their apartment, and went to bed. Lucas took a week off, so the next morning, the three of them went straight to the hospital to see how Kun was doing. Again, no one allowed them to go in. The doctors and nurses were still working in a rush, even on the second day. For the third day, one of the nurses said, "His lungs are damaged badly, although everything else seems mostly fine."

On the third day, Angelababy also had to leave, so the doctors let everyone talk to Kun before she left.

Lying on the perfect, white hospital bed, Kun was there. He looked a little uncomfortable because of his condition, but mostly fine.

"Kunkun...I thought...I thought for a second that I lost you." Yuqi said with tears forming. Kun once again smiled weakly, like the way he did when he had a fever.

"I'm fine now. But Yuqi, you'll have to take care of yourself now that I have to stay here." Yuqi nodded quickly to show that she understood. Next, it was Angelababy's turn.

"Kun'er? It's me. I'm leaving later today, but I'll leave some extra money for Yuqi to pay the hospital bills. I'll try my best to help her." Kun nodded in relief, and Lucas stepped up.

"Kun..." Lucas gulped, not knowing what to say exactly. "I...I will take care of Yuqi, if you want." Yuqi gave Lucas an unreadable expression, and Lucas started getting nervous. But then, Kun whispered to Lucas, "Yes, please do so. Even if she won't allow you."

Everyone's conversation ended. It was time to say goodbye to Angelababy, and Yuqi felt so lonely. She had no one now. Besides...Lucas? The thought made Yuqi dizzy, and she stopped thinking about it. But Lucas brought it up himself.

"Yuqi, do you want to...go to the bar tonight? You know, to release all the pain." Even though Yuqi normally didn't drink, she still agreed. She needed alcohol to distract her now.

So the two of them went to the bar and started drinking. No one knows for how long. Glass after glass, they drank until they couldn't take anymore. They literally remember nothing. The next time Yuqi woke up, she was in the back of the bar with Lucas.

"What were we doing here?" Her head spinned from all the alcohol, and she for sure had a hangover. Lucas also just woke up. He shook his head from some illusions he had, and they went away after time. Lucas called a taxi for him and Yuqi, and they went back.

"I don't remember a single thing about last night." Yuqi truthfully said. Lucas nodded.

"Same. It's weird, I usually remember more. Also, why were we...in the very back of the bar away from others?" Yuqi shrugged. The car ride back was silent other than that. Because Lucas had nowhere else to stay, Yuqi had to live with Lucas for now. Honestly it wasn't a problem for her, because she had better things to worry about, for instance, Kun.

Questions and thoughts were swarming in her head, but Yuqi couldn't deal with them all at the same time. So she rested for the entire week with Lucas.

But that's when something unexpected happened. And no one could really explain it.

A/N: If you're enjoying this story so far, don't forget to vote! Thanks :)