Her Heart Is Moving

The next day, Lucas indeed called. It was in the afternoon, and the call was so sudden that Yuqi wasn't prepared.

"Hello, Yuqi? Can I please...talk to you in private?" Yuqi went into her room and closed the door. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves down.

"What is it?" She was careful not to make it sound like she was impatient or annoyed. Lucas wasn't that sensitive, but of course, she didn't want to start unnecessary fights.

"I want to talk it out with you. Why do you...hate me so much?" The question made Yuqi think back to their old days. But she pushed away the thought, since most of them weren't pretty.

"I don't necessarily hate you, I just blame you for everything." This statement just made Lucas more confused. "My father...he was the only thing I had at the time. But you..." Yuqi couldn't finish. Just the thought of her father made tears come to her eyes. Instead of staying sad, she turned it into anger for Lucas. But not right now. She couldn't be mad now. For the first time ever, Yuqi forced herself to not be mad at Lucas. They were here to talk things out, not get mad at each other again. She controlled herself now.

"I...I know. And I'm sorry. I know I owe you the whole world. But it was so long ago. How come...how come you still..." Yuqi closed her eyes and sat for a few seconds before responding. The truth was, she felt bad herself. She felt bad that she still held the grudge. But what was there for her to do?

"I'm sorry. I don't want things to be like this either...it's just..." Yuqi exhaled and continued. "I feel like it's wrong not to blame you."

"That makes sense, I guess." Both of them were silent after that. Lucas tried his best to have sympathy. It wasn't very hard, since he also lost his parents. But at the same time, it was hard, because Lucas always let his anger and sadness fade away. Unlike Yuqi, he forgot about stuff like this fast. He hated the feeling of being unhappy, so he would force everything away to exchange for happiness. "I understand why it's hard to blame me for everything. Except...can you at least try to...understand my point of view too?" Lucas spoke gently. He was afraid he was asking for a little too much. He was afraid that Yuqi would snap back and lose it. But it had to be said out loud.

"All I did was help your father become happier. I know you felt dejected...but...was it really that big of a sin?" This question made Yuqi feel bad. She realized Lucas was right. Now that he said it, it did make sense. But she still couldn't quite let go of her grudge just yet.

"Maybe...maybe I was the wrong one this entire time. I should have considered your perspective..." Yuqi's tone was extremely soft now. But her apologetic tone still had something else to it; it was bitterness. She was suddenly reminded of how much she loved and missed her father. And her mother. She lost both of them now. Every night, she would tell herself there was still hope, and that someday, when Yuqi made lots of money, she would search the whole country for her father.

"But I completely understand. I brought such great sadness and loneliness to you." There was a short pause, and then, nearly whispering, Lucas said, "I'm willing to pick all the stars from the starry night to compensate you."

Yuqi was shocked Lucas would suddenly say such a thing. When was Lucas this romantic? Yuqi quickly stopped herself from grinning like a fool and told herself to calm down. But how should she respond?

"I...and I also wanted to talk to you about...the time you asked me to be your girlfriend. What you said that day...were you for real?" Lucas smiled brightly, although Yuqi couldn't see since they weren't on facetime.

"Absolutely. Every word of it was genuine. And now, my feelings haven't changed at all." Yuqi's heart suddenly started to beat a lot faster. What this the feeling of...liking someone?

A/NYay LuQi shippers finally a chapter about them!!! Who else loves LuQi? :)))

A/N: Yay LuQi shippers finally a chapter about them!!! Who else loves LuQi? :)))