Recovered

Another three weeks passed. It has been about a month since the baby situation and Kun's accident. Things have been tough for Yuqi ever since. Living all alone, she had to make her own food when she came back from school. She had no one to help her when she had trouble with homework (besides for Xuan Yi when she was at her place). And she felt lonely too. She contacted Xuan Yi and Angelababy nearly daily due to this. It was nice to know she had some friends, but she still felt lonely. But that wasn't even the biggest problem. The biggest problem was money. Yuqi of course had to pay Kun's hospital bills. That was so expensive that it so far cost all of their savings, and Yuqi even had to borrow money from Angelababy to pay it off. On top of that, she also had to pay for rent and her own living expenses. Yuqi didn't even work part-time before, because she wanted to focus on school. But Yuqi really needed money now, so she became a babysitter. Of course, she couldn't work much due to school, but she would work late at night just for the money.

Yuqi's friends tried their best to help her. Not only did Angelababy let Yuqi borrow her money, she also added some additional money that Yuqi wouldn't need to repay in the future. Xuan Yi also would help Yuqi study when she didn't have time because of her work. Although Xuan Yi didn't have much money herself to lend to Yuqi, sometimes she would still buy Yuqi some lunch. Lucas surprisingly also sent Yuqi money once. It really wasn't a lot, but Yuqi still appreciated it.

Yuqi had been working nonstop. It was tiring, but she always tried to hide it from her friends even when they knew she was struggling. And it always broke her heart when Kun was worried about her. Everytime she went to visit Kun, he would tell her that she should get some more sleep. Yuqi tried to hide her dark eye circles with some light makeup, but it still wasn't enough to cover it. Of course, Yuqi never said a word about her financial struggles in front of Kun. She wanted him to recover without a single worry.

One day, when Yuqi just came back from work, she received a call from the hospital. Nervous that it was something bad that happened to Kun, she picked up with a pounding heart.

"Miss Song Yuqi? Please come to the hospital. We have good news." The heavy rock on Yuqi's heart immediately dropped. She quickly walked to the hospital and tried to hide her excitement. What could it be? When Yuqi arrived, Kun was sitting in a chair next to the doctor.

"As I've said before, Kun is almost completely recovered. Now, he no longer needs to stay in the hospital." A wide smile came across Yuqi's face. She gave Kun a happy and excited glance, and Kun returned one. "However, he might feel some chest pain or minor difficulty breathing. That is expected, but if he feels like anything is wrong, please contact us immediately." Yuqi nodded and bowed to the doctor politely.

"Thank you so much." And with that, Yuqi walked back to the apartment with Kun.

"Kun Ge, I'm so glad you're back with me again. I have to admit, it has been tough." Kun stopped in his tracks, making Yuqi stop too. She looked at him cluelessly while he brushed a piece of her hair away.

"Yuqi, I'm sorry. I caused all of this trouble for you. As an older brother, I should be the one protecting you. Yet I—" Without letting Kun finish, Yuqi put a finger up and placed it on Kun's lip, motioning him to stop talking.

"That's nonsense. It wasn't your fault." Kun could feel Yuqi's warmth, yet he still felt bad. He knew Yuqi cared about him and didn't want him to feel bad, but he still knew he created all the fuss. The rest of their walk back was silent and peaceful. For the first time in a month, Yuqi felt at peace. And Yuqi felt loved.

When they arrived back at the apartment, Yuqi quickly told the good news to her friends. They were all relieved and content at the news. Right after Yuqi sent messages to each friend, Kun pulled her over to talk to her.

"Yuqi...you got thinner." He sounded so concerned that Yuqi was surprised. Did she really lose that much weight? "And you seem so tired." It was now Kun's turn to be worried about Yuqi.

"You should get some rest. It hurts to see you like this." Yuqi chuckled. "You never knew how worried I was about you...and now you're saying you're worried about me?" Yuqi found it a little hard to believe. She was supposed to be the one worried about Kun, yet it seemed like Kun was always worried about Yuqi. Perhaps he was just overprotective since he viewed Yuqi as his very own sister.

"You should also take care. Your body is still weak right now. So let's both go to bed and sleep early, okay?" So both of them went to bed and got a good night's sleep. The next day, when they woke up, Yuqi made them breakfast.

Yuqi didn't have much time before she went to school, but she still wanted to take care of Kun because of his condition. Sometimes she would even be more worried about him than she should be. Yuqi quickly poured milk into two bowls and filled them up with cereal.

"Kun'er! Come eat!" She called out. Yuqi quickly scarfed down her meal and left for school. The doctor had told Kun that it was best for him to take a few days off before he went to work. He planned to only take today off, since he knew how financially unstable they were at the moment. They needed money. Yuqi had no time for work since she had to focus on her studies. Although she was one of the best students and her grades were phenomenal, she still had to work very hard to maintain the grades.

Just as Kun was stressing about their money problem, a phone call came.

"Cheng Xiao?"