Like The Old Days

Was it possible that Yuqi started liking Lucas? It had just been a few minutes, and Yuqi still hadn't completely forgiven him yet. But then why did she feel like she liked him? She tried her best to push the thought away, but she couldn't quite do so. The weirdest part was, it didn't even feel wrong to like Lucas.

"But after the incident...I became your biggest enemy. The entire time, I felt like it was my job to protect you and take care of you. To give you warmth and happiness. But I failed, and couldn't even get close to you." Lucas now felt more confident, after realizing Yuqi didn't get mad when he said those sweet things earlier. Maybe Yuqi was starting to get his point. He spoke louder this time, and with more determination.

"I'm not greedy for your love. All I want at this point is for you to forgive me. Is that asking for too much?" Lucas was not mad, he just wanted to understand the situation better. If he wanted to resolve their huge problem, they had to talk it through. That was the only way.

"No. I admit...it was hard for me. But I know...it's not your fault." Yuqi sighed, and Lucas let out a breath of relief. Finally, after all these years, the day that Lucas waited for finally came. The day that Yuqi would tell him she forgave him. Deep down, Lucas had faith that a day like this would eventually come. No matter how cold Yuqi was towards him, he knew they would reunite one day. Surprisingly, it was on a phone call, but it was good enough for Lucas. It seemed as if all of Lucas's worries had disappeared in an instant. Three full years of worries were now all gone.

Lucas couldn't help but smile. "Thanks, Yuqi. If you now understand...are you still mad at me?"

A small chuckle came from Yuqi, and then she said, "Of course. When did I ever like you?" Yuqi's playful and joking voice brought back old memories. Seeing that Yuqi now treated Lucas like a friend again, Lucas felt really nice.

"Yes, that's the Song Yuqi I know." Yuqi smiled in a goofy way and then brought the phone to Kun so he could also join in.

By the expression on Yuqi's face, he could tell the phone call went really well. "Lucas! How are you?" Kun knew there was no need to ask how the call went, because that was part of their own problems. If they wanted to, they could tell him.

"Recently I've been sort of busy, but not too much. What about you and Yuqi?" He responded.

"I've just been studying hard like always, and Kun Ge is doing fine too." All three of them started to get a little emotional talking to each other. It had been so long since they talked like friends. "It's just nice to...you know, have a normal conversation. I miss the old days." Yuqi said. It indeed felt nice. It's only after the tragedy that you learn to appreciate the small and sweet moments.

"Yeah. I just wanted you both to know...I love you two." Lucas said. 

A/N: Sorry for the slow updates recently! I've been a little busy, but I'll try my best to write more!