Everything's Okay

Heading to the other hospital, Yuqi walked past the crowd of people. She had no experience with this whatsoever, and she didn't know what to expect.

"I'm I supposed to just tell them to kill my baby?" Yuqi wondered on her way there. When she arrived, she told the workers her purpose, and they sent her to a room. There, she was greeted by a doctor who told her he would take care of the situation. He asked her a few questions, like when she found out she was pregnant. Yuqi chose to do a surgical abortion which costed $1000. But what happened then? Yuqi couldn't quite remember anything after that. She didn't know if they gave her anesthetics or if she somehow passed out, but she couldn't remember anything. All she remembered was...Lucas?

"Yuqi? Yuqi!" Lucas called out. But why would he do that? "Can you hear me?"

"I don't think she can." A familiar female voice said. It was Xuan Yi. They both came to the hospital after her?

"I shouldn't have let her do this."

"It's okay, Lucas. It's okay." Xuan Yi reassured him. "It must be hard for you."

"Kun hasn't even recovered yet, and now here's Yuqi's problem. Why is everything so unfair?" Pain was in Lucas's voice. But that was all Yuqi could recall. Only short parts of the process.

And the next thing she knew, Yuqi was in the hospital bed next to Lucas and Xuan Yi.

"Yuqi? You're awake?" A sign of relief was in Xuan Yi's sweet voice. Lucas smiled too. A smile that Yuqi hadn't seen for years now. His old, happy smile that would magically make your day ten times better.

"Yuqi, I didn't like it when you said you wanted to kill the baby, but after I gave it some thought..." Lucas paused for a second. "I've decided it was for the best. I want to live a normal life for now. I want to get rid of all this chaos." Yuqi nodded, glad that Lucas now understood her.

"The baby's gone now. And we can go home." Xuan Yi said. Yuqi was so carried away by Lucas and Xuan Yi that she completely forgot the doctor next to her.

"Yes, we have finished! You are free to go back now." The doctor said in a cheerful tone. There were also a few nurses around, but they were just doing their thing.

So Yuqi paid the hospital and left. She felt the same surprisingly, but the doctor did tell her she might get some cramps for a few days.

The next day, Lucas had to leave for work. He was worried about Yuqi and Kun, but he still had to fly back.

"Lucas, it's okay. I have Xuan Yi with me." Yuqi comforted Lucas. He knew he still had to leave no matter what.

After Lucas left, Yuqi felt an unexpected emotion. Loneliness. But why? Yuqi ignored him for the most part when he was with her, yet she felt sad when he left. Despite that, she still had her own worries to think about. Yuqi went to the hospital almost daily to check on Kun. It has only been a week and a half since the incident, so he hasn't recovered too much yet. The good news was that the doctors said he wouldn't face any life threats anymore.

"Like I said, the main thing now is his lungs. Everything else is practically fine. We're still working though." Yuqi nodded as she looked at Kun. Every sight of him broke her heart. It hurt Yuqi to see him like this. She quickly left, as she didn't want to see more of it.

He would be fine, right?