All Because of You

"If it's really our baby...I'm sorry, I can't." Yuqi started. Lucas looked deep into her eyes, testing how firm she was about this. Yuqi's cold black eyes stared straight back without a bit of sympathy. She usually wasn't like that, but with Lucas, things were different. "I never wanted this to happen. Never in my whole life." Yuqi took a deep breath as if preparing for the next thing she was about to say. "I'm killing the baby." The words came out in a small, bitter whisper. The tone of the atmosphere suddenly turned even colder.

"No. I won't allow it. It's our baby! You can't just get rid of it!" At this point, Lucas was shouting. Yuqi nodded heartlessly.

"I know." Her voice was so calm and deep that it made Lucas even more mad. How could she feel nothing? She had no love for the baby. No love at all. "You shouldn't be mad. No matter who the father was, I would kill the baby anyway." Lucas stared at Yuqi in disbelief. How could she be a human yet be so cold-hearted?

"We don't have enough money to support the baby. And you have work in Korea. I don't want to take care of the child alone." Lucas didn't know what to think of this explanation. "Most importantly..." Yuqi paused, as if unsure how to say this. "I don't love you."

Lucas knew that. He knew it clearly. But after Yuqi said it out loud herself, he got mad.

"Why?" Was all Lucas could manage to get out of his mouth. "Just because of what happened back then?" Yuqi lowered her head, still staying silent. "I'm willing to give up everything for you. Why won't you accept me?" Lucas protested.

"I'm sorry. I try to forgive you, but I just can't." Yuqi said simply. She felt bad herself. She knew that she probably shouldn't still blame him after so many years, but there was nothing she could do. Anger would burn at the slightest thought of Lucas. She learned to live without him, and she no longer cared about him.

At least, that's what she thought. Yuqi thinks she despises Lucas, but in reality, she still cares about him. She just never realized.

"WHY???" Lucas shouting in frustration. The yelling shocked Yuqi, and she felt even worse. "I can protect you. I can take care of you. I can do anything you want for you. And yet you still won't forgive me?" Lucas's face was red, but at the same time, Yuqi could tell he was hurt deeply. Tears covered his face. Yuqi exhaled deeply.

"I don't care. I'm killing the baby." And with that, Yuqi headed outside to the hospital. The hospital was still too busy, so she planned to go to another nearby one.

But before she could leave, Lucas grabbed her.

"Yuqi! Are you crazy?" Yuqi ignored Lucas and pulled him away. She was already out the door, so Lucas gave up. He wanted a child with Yuqi. A family. But he still wanted to respect Yuqi's opinion, because, after all, he loved her.