Rant :D

Hello!
How are you all doing?

So, I asked you in the previous chapter what would you want this chapter to be about. Actually, I should be doing a movie review, but I will do the PJO rant instead, since I realized I had completed neglected PJO in this book!

If you aren't really interested in PJO and you are here for the rock and random stuff, I recommend you scroll down to the song recommendation part in the end, because it's a great one today.

Then, if you are a PJO fan reading this, then I will have to warn you that the upcoming rant is about a really really really tragic matter, so I would advise you not to read it but do as you please.

Ah yeah forgot to mention there will be A LOT OF spoilers for Trials Of Apollo (The Burning Maze to be more specific)

Still here?

Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you.

*sigh*

Let's talk about Jason's death.

Ok no that was for drama.

I will actually talk about Crest being the most underrated character in the whole Riordanverse. And this includes comparing his death with Jason's.

Sooo let's see some information about Crest.

Crest was a young pandos, a creature from Hindu mythology

Crest was a young pandos, a creature from Hindu mythology. Him and the rest of his species were employed by the one of the Trials Of Apollo villains, Caligula, to fight for him against the demigods (aka "good guys"). He didn't actually want to work for Caligula but his family forced him to. Crest's greatest dream was to become a musician, but sadly for him nobody else believed that he can do it. So, he just followed others' expectations for him and followed Caligula's orders. However, when Apollo appeared in Caligula's yachts, he saw a chance to make his dreams come true! So, he offered to help Apollo and the gang (Piper, Jason and Meg) if the former music god accepted to teach him music in return. That's how Crest switched sides and from an insignificant villain he became a good guy. When Meg and Apollo seeked a way to enter the Labyrinth, Crest showed them a secret entrance and let them in while waiting for them to return outside. Later the main characters found the imprisoned Sibylla they were looking for, but Medea accompanied with other pandos appeared to carry out her evil plans (I have another rant about Medea but if you want me to do it, it 'll be in another chapter). They had brought Crest with them who was terribly wounded. If I remember correctly, the good guys managed to kill the pandos that were with Medea but were unable to stop the witch, who started to carry out the evil plan I mentioned before. Ah yes, that plan also involved torturing and making Apollo suffer before killing him. So, while this was taking place, Crest, who was wounded, started to play some notes in Apollo's ukelele in order to distract Medea. And since Medea had to sing spells to complete her plan, she turned and brutally murdered Crest by stabbing him. Right after that Piper McLean turned up and stabbed Medea from behind, killing the witch and saving the heroes -except Crest who was already dying.