Ranking JoJo parts✨

Hellooo
How are my ducklings doing? :D
Has the return to schools shocked you? For me, it definitely did! I don't have many great news though, other than two amazing rock concerts from September. Oh also my bday will be here soon :)

Uhhh now to the subject! I AM OBSESSED WITH JOJO'S BIZZARE ADVENTURE >:D And you know what happens when I 'm obsessed right? I rant >:) So here we gooooo

For those who don't know, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure is one of the most famous series and considered a classic by many anime fans. The manga started in 1987 (and it's still ongoing) but it was adapted into an anime much much later in 2012. The story is split into 9 parts each of which differs importantly from the others. I 'll try to rank the 6 first parts, as seen in the anime. Ofc, it's personal opinion but I think some of the rankings could be seen objectively as well. Sooooo let's start :D

6. Stardust Crusaders - Part 3

 Stardust Crusaders - Part 3

Rating: 7/10

When the re-appearence of an old family enemy awakens a fatal power in his mother, Jotaro Kujo has no choice but to travel all around the world with a strange array of allies to complete his destiny and save his mother's life.

Even at the bottom of the list, Stardust Crusaders is a pretty enjoyable part. Actually, it's one of the few parts that give particular attention to the side characters, thus creating a diverse and wholesome team of heroes, making it more interesting to watch. What distinguishes it, however, from the other parts is its sense of classic adventure. It may sound strange but it is the same as in the great duck comic stories: the excitement of traveling from country to country in pursuit of a specific goal while learning all kinds of fun facts along the way. I never expected to see that kind of adventure in a fantasy story, not to mention a famous anime, and I was pleasantly surprised as to how well Stardust Crusaders was able to handle it!

However, out of all the anime parts, this one is the only one which I would say I dislike... In Part 3, a new power system is introduced and as expected, the series is full of innovative ideas. The problem is that said ideas come at the cost of the plot itself. Essentially the only big plot elements that we have is Jotaro's mother's disease and the pursuit of the villain, which is basically 2 episodes. In the rest, all the characters get to do is fight another eNeMy sTaNd UsEr which they defeat in maximum 3 episodes and is never seen again. Even the finale applies to that pattern, making it utterly disappointing. Using a pattern for a battle arc in an anime is not unheard of and it can work if handled properly, but in this case Araki basically used the villain's return and the disease as a pretext to present his Stand OC ideas to the audience. In the end, it's just a repeating pattern with no new plot ideas.

Ok now I want to rant about the finale so badly bc it's super famous and I don't get why-

But I won't bc there would be spoilers 👀