LOVEJOY

Wait, before you burn me to the ground, please stay 'til the beat of our heart runs out

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

HAVEN MURPHY USED TO have so much to lose. Growing up on the mainland with her mother and father, all she had known was comfort. Parents who loved (tolerated) each other, a nice house with a backyard to keep not one but two dogs, a 4.0 GPA ensuring her a one way ticket to any college of her choice. Not to mention the money from her father's job as a lawyer defending several large companies. 

But like everything seemingly perfect, there was always a catch.

It started with visits to the Outer Banks. Her grandparents on her mother's side lived there, raising Melinda Maybank (now Murphy) and her estranged younger brother, Luke, on the admittedly poorer side of the island. As her grandmother, now alone after the loss of her husband to a heart attack, slowly began to lose her sanity, Haven spent more and more time stuck in their tiny shack of a house with her mother who just wanted to be there for her own mother's last moments. Seeing his wife's despair, Darren Murphy decided to upend their life, moving them permanently to the Outer Banks where they stayed even after Melinda's last parent died.

And sure, it wasn't so bad at first. Haven befriended three girls at her new school; Arden Kim, Sarah Cameron and Kiara Carrera. They were quick to take her under their wing, showing her the good side of the island, the side where Haven spent endless days lounging by the water. She still got to keep her dogs from the mainland, and their house was nice, though a tad smaller than the last one. But just as Haven got comfortable again, the scale tipped.

First, Sarah began to grow distant from the girls, especially Kiara. She held parties without them, sat with her new boyfriend, Topper Thornton, instead of them on their lunch break. Next, her youngest dog, Pippa, got free from the yard and was found dead by the road after a car hit her. Arden ended up pregnant and in a relationship with Rafe Cameronthe supposed baby daddy (even though it was actually JJ Maybank, Haven's estranged cousin, and no one but Arden and Haven knew the truth.) Then, just when things felt like they couldn't get any worse, Sarah Cameron's birthday happened and Haven Murphy was never the same again. It took just one phone call, a plea for her father to pick her up as too much alcohol and the feeling of forceful hands coursed through her system. Her dad's car crashed into a tree on the way home, ran off the road by something (or someone.) 

And Haven lost everything.

She was back on the pogues' side of the island working after-school hours with the Heywards in a weak attempt to help her mother keep their heads above water. She didn't need whatever problems John B and his gang were facing on top of her own, and yet there she was, chasing after buried treasure with a police warrant for her new friend's arrest.

Now, how the fuck was she supposed to get out of this one?

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

(LOVEJOY)

STARRING...

BARBIE FERREIRA 
as HAVEN MURPHY
❝If you want to, that would be cool.❞

&

&

JONATHAN DAVISS 
as POPE HEYWARD
❝Us kissing would be cool?❞

JONATHAN DAVISS as POPE HEYWARD❝Us kissing would be cool?❞

FEATURING...

shin ryujin as arden kim
madison bailey as kiara carrera
madelyn cline as sarah cameron
rudy pankow as jj maybank
chase stokes as john b routledge
drew starkey as rafe cameron
austin north as topper thornton

■ ■ ■ ■

Disclaimer: I don't own Outer Banks. All rights belong to Jonas Pate and his series. I only own my original character, Haven Murphy, and any plotlines you're unable to recognise.

Warning: The following story contains mentions of violence, murder, sexual assault, and other potentially triggering topics. Viewer discretion is advised.

this is a collab with -trojanwar. arden kim is featured in HELIUM ( jj maybank) on her profile. i'd suggest checking it out in order to understand arden's character.