viii. full kook

CHAPTER EIGHT:FULL KOOK(episode two + three: the lucky compass + the forbidden zone)

CHAPTER EIGHT:
FULL KOOK
(episode two + three: the lucky compass + the forbidden zone)

■ ■ ■ ■ ■

HAVEN LEAPT INTO THE air in fright at the sudden voice coming from behind them. The pogues shot around frantically, only to come face-to-face with a giggling Arden who'd used their panic from the snake to sneak up on them.

"Ard, we've got this handled, okay?" John B muttered distractedly. "Just go back to the van."

Arden rolled her eyes. "What, are you gonna make Kie climb in there? Haven? The girls who are terrified of snakes? I don't care about... whatever the fuck it is you're doing, John B. Quite frankly, I don't want to get involved, but what other option do you have?"

She smirked as he shot her a frustrated glare. "I hate when you do that."

"Hold up," Pope exclaimed as Arden made her way over to the door. "We're seriously not going to let Arden go in there, are we?"

"I think it's too late now," Haven sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as she watched her friend search for a good grip on the vines growing over the door. "Once Arden sets her mind to something, she's not going to give in."

"She's right," the girl in question winked down at them.

However, it was at this moment that her foot slipped, a sharp squeal cutting through the air as she almost dropped to the ground. JJ quickly shot forward to grab her knees, supporting her weight in the air despite her huffs of frustration.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" he snapped. "Jesus, Ard, just — just let me help, alright? Get down."

Staring at him in confusion, she did as he asked and allowed him to lower her to the floor. JJ looked her over to make sure she was unharmed before nodding to himself and pressing his back to the stone door. Haven suppressed a shudder. She didn't know how he was so comfortable near the crypt after seeing a frigging snake come from inside it.

"I'm gonna give you a boost, alright? I've seen it in the movies several times."

"If you drop me, I'll kick you on the way down," Arden warned as she lifted her foot for him to grab and boost her up.

"Alright, on three," he said but Arden ignored him as she pushed herself up, JJ clearly struggling under the sudden added weight. "Okay, nevermind, just forget about three."

It took her a minute of trial and error before she eventually disappeared into the crypt. Haven waited nervously for a sign of life from the girl, which she received in a dramatic gasp and her demanding for someone to hand her the flashlight 'before the snakes got to her.' Haven just sighed, shaking her head as she took the torch she'd somehow ended up with to hold through the hole, "If my hand gets bitten off, Arden, you're giving me your's."