Bruises and Beans

"Well if it isn't my favourite little drunkard" Fred sauntered up to me, his swagger one of a boy who had just been snogged.

"Bollocks, I wasn't THAT drunk. Just a tad tipsy" I walked out of the Great Hall, surprisingly full even though I had barely touched my food. I had watched as Pavarti walked in and took Seamus by the hand, but he refused to hold onto it. All of breakfast he looked down the table at me, the looking as if somebody had just snapped his broomstick over their knee. That was certainly enough to ruin my appetite.

"That's what you keep saying but honestly, I don't believe it for a second... So you were cheated on by Finnegan? It doesn't mean that you should let the situation ruin your day... or your liver" George said as he ran a hand through his brilliantly red hair and gave me that Weasley smirk.

Fred looked past me and rolled his eyes, then said "Good luck mate" he pointed behind me before they both turned on their heels and headed up the stairs and away from the Great Hall.

"HEY, ACE?!" the Irish accent gave him away. Seamus ran up to me and stopped, panting. His face was bright red and his hands were shaking. "Listen, I'm really sorry about last night..."

I held a hand up to stop him. "I don't want to hear it, Seamus. You made your choice the second you snogged Pavarti. Just leave me alone" I turned away from him and attempted to escape up the stairs.

His firm hand grasped my forearm and he squeezed. Hard. It wasn't a gentle, caring kind of squeeze, like the kind you get from your father on your birthday. No, his fingers dug into my skin as he attempted to pull me backwards towards him. I felt tears well up in my eyes from the pain, clouding my vision. "Ace, you've got to listen to me."

"Seamus, you're hurting me" I said in a low voice, hoping not to attract attention. I turned around to face him. Yet again, he was bright red, only this time it was full of anger.

Before he could release me, a bright light came whizzing from down the corridor and hit Seamus head on. He flew backwards and hit the far wall, taking down a few portraits with him. He laid slumped over on the floor, not able to get up. Or maybe he was just embarrassed.

I looked around, but there wasn't anyone there. Most people were still sitting in the Great Hall, unaware of whatever had just happened. What had just happened? Someone had come to my rescue, but whom? Well, whoever it was, I was eternally grateful for it.

Continuing up the stairs was a lot harder now that I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, due to my throbbing arm. I just managed to jump over the disappearing stair, and was almost hit by one of the pieces of fruit Peeves was throwing at the unlucky children who happened to pass him. I felt the spot where he had grabbed me and winced with the lightest stroke of my finger. Not daring to look at it in public, I headed up to the now deserted common room.

"Password?" the Fat Lady asked as I reached portrait hole. I picked through my mind, trying to remember what Kelly told me it was. She gave me an impatient look and rolled her eyes.