Dresses and Butterbeer

Authors Note: My apologies for the incredibly fluffy chapter. I definitely wrote it when I was 15. Enjoy!

The last few days with Hermione, Laura and Kelly had been absolutely brilliant. Laura and Kelly accepted her quickly and none of us minded when she rambled on about SPEW. Constantly we were informing her that it was the holidays and that talking about homework was strictly prohibited.

Today was the day of a Hogsmead trip so that we girls and boys could find our dress-robes and dresses, if our parents hadn't already sent one to us. We were all bundled up in scarves and hats as we made our way towards the small wizarding village in tiny groups or tucked into the arms of our dates. Alas, we four girls made our way towards a clothing store that had intricately beaded dresses in the windows, without any boys.

"Hello Ladies, looking for Yule Ball dresses I see" a tiny woman wearing brightly coloured robes greeted us. She gave us a warm smile and pointed towards the back of the store. "The ball gowns are in the back of the store. My name is Madame Esmeralda; just give me a shout if you need anything." She turned her back to us and began to straighten out a mannequin, who was fluffing her wig with her plastic fingers.

As we walked to the back of the store, the mannequins smiled and waved to us, beckoning us over with a wiggle of their fingers and showing off their gorgeous robes and dresses. The back of the store was crowded with dresses of every colour and cut, each and everyone just waiting to find that perfect someone who looked absolutely amazing in it. We picked through the racks before hauling piles of dresses into the changing room.

Laura picked out a fire-engine red dress that was cut down to her navel. "Oh my gosh" Hermione gasped as Laura walked out in her dress. It was fantastic on her, the red standing out from her tan skin and white hair. The cut was a bit mature for a school event, but Laura had to have it. It's not like she followed dress code anyways.

Kelly slipped on an emerald green mermaid style dress, the train dragging behind her. Her rampaging curls went halfway down her back, seeing as for once it wasn't tied up in a knot on the top of her head. She gave us a brilliantly white smile and smoothed out the fabric. "This dress feels like it was made for me" she whispered and stood next to Laura, who was still in her dress.

Hermione went searching next and turned up a few minutes later with a mauve-ish pink dress. It was a lot more modest then Laura and Kelly's dresses but when she put it on, she looked stunning. The sleeves where sheer material that hung on the tops of her shoulders. The torso was a silky and stayed close to her body until about the waist. The colour complimented her skin tone fabulously and the cut made her look absolutely terrific. Hermione was usually seen as frumpy with frizzy hair and the 'proper' uniform, but wait until everyone else saw her like this!

"Hermione..... you look.... HOT!" Laura roared as Kelly beamed next to her. Hermione blushed and pushed her hair back. "Come over here with us; have you found a dress yet Ace?"

I stood by a rack of dresses, dreading the moment when I find out that there wasn't one that would look good on me. How come they had found their dresses so fast? According to American muggle movies, you are supposed to have a crazy montage and try on a whole bunch of complete stinkers before you actually find the one you look amazing in. 

We rummaged through the numerous amounts of racks, pulling out dress after dress but none of them ever seemed to look right on me. One dress was beautiful, it was golden and sparkly with layers upon layers but yellow definitely wasn't my colour. I picked up a pearly white dress with bell-sleeves but when I touched it, it turned a startling colour of red. Turns out it was a mood dress and it was picking up on my frustration. There was a dress that looked surprisingly like Cinderella's ball gown but light blue definitely clashed with my strawberry blonde hair.