Insecurity

"Where is everyone?" Laura asked, looking over the pub and pushing her empty mug of butter beer to the middle of the table. I knew when she asked that, she was really asking where's Neville?, but I didn't bother to bring it up. She was a tad bit... obsessed with him, but it wasn't like he exactly had a line of girls chasing after him. If wanted him, she had him.

"It does seem a bit dead, doesn't it" Kelly shrugged and pushed away from the table. They were right. Harry, Ron, Neville, Ginny, Fred, George, anybody, were nowhere to be found.

"They wouldn't have all stayed back at the castle" I said and we headed towards the door. On the street I could see a familiar, pale, dazed face wandering towards us. "Well, there's somebody" I said and pointed to Luna, her arms outstretched wide as she meandered. "I'm not even going to ask."

"Is that?" Laura held her hands over her eyes and squinted into the sun. "Neville? Ya, it's gotta be. I'll talk to you two later. I have some... business to take care of" she smirked mischievously and skipped off after him.

"Poor boy. He doesn't have a clue" Kelly sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I'm guessing that you're going to want to go find your lover boy and do whatever you two do when you get together." She coughed shag under her breath, but I opted to pretend that I hadn't heard her.

I rolled my eyes and looked around the street. "Let's go to Zonkos, yeah? Maybe the boys will be there."

Kelly groaned and I grabbed her by the wrist, dragging her with me. The place was empty too, but that was probably because the kids preferred The Wheezes over Zonkos any day. The shopkeeper barely raised his eyebrows at us as we walked up and down the aisles, looking at the same mer that they always had stocked.

"George isn't in here, can we go? It smells like dungbomvs" Kelly crinkled her nose but continued to follow me around as I searched the selves for something I hadn't seen before.

The bell above the door rang as the door was pushed open. I didn't raise my eyes from the shelves. You know, I could always need a bit more dung bombs, you never knew when those were going to come in handy.

"Oi, George, do you see what I see?" Fred called from the other side of the store.

"Indeed, Fred. Girls, in a prank shop? It's like a dream come true" Lee chuckled as they walked up to us.

"They're obviously going to make some guys extremely happy" George laughed and plucked the package of dungbombs from my hands. "Dungbombs? I do believe we're rubbing off on you."

"Oh, something's rubbing all right" Kelly chuckled, earning a good laugh from the boys. I felt my face heat up and I crossed my arms across my chest, glaring around at my immature friends.

"Shove it, Kelly." I grumbled. Fred stopped and raised his eyebrows at George, who rolled his eyes and took a step towards me.

"Ace, our love is a beautiful thing. Why must we hide it so?" he winked and slid an arm around my waist. I grimaced and pulled away from him, tucking the package of dungbombs under my arm.

"Because we haven't shagged! I'm tired of people insinuating that we have." I walked over to the counter and put down my purchase, barely looking at the probably slightly disturbed shopkeeper.

"Of course we have!" he chuckled, and Kelly began bouncing up and down beside Lee, laughing in triumph.

"I knew it!" she giggled. "You two did do it! You shagged, did the deed, you rode the-ˮ

"No, we didn't!" I handed the handful of knuts to the man across from me, who was now turning red in the face and refused to make eye contact with me.