Durmstrang Boys and Balance Issues

The Tri-Wizard Tournament, even though to most students seemed like an amazing opportunity, was a real pain in my arse. The Beauxbatons girls flittered around the halls of the school, twirling their hair and acting like perfect little ladies. But once the weekend hit and they were out of their uniform, it was straight to tight jumpers that bore too much cleavage, and miniskirts that could qualify as a belt. They were constantly snogging blokes from Durmstrang, and blokes from Hogwarts. I now understand why it is called the French kiss.

And then the Durmstrang blokes walked around the castle as if they owned the place, but took too much interest in local sites (IE trying to sneak a peak up the skirt of every girl who walked by). More than once have I smacked away one of their casually swinging arms that accidentally connected with my backside.

Now, even though the Yule ball was one week away, everybody was running around like chickens with their heads cut off, scrambling for dates. Half the girls in school were absolutely glowing with pride, whereas the other half had mascara running down their faces.

I, not even having a date to the Yule Ball, didn't really give a shit. If I wanted to spend the night being felt up by some grabby Bulgarian, I would just walk into their ship and say "SOUPS ON!"

"Hullo Acelynne" Richter Svectov joined me as soon as I stepped out of the portrait hole. This kid was the main reason I hated the Bulgarians. He the most toxically masculine bear to lumber off of that ship, didn't have two braincells to rub together, and for some reason had an infatuation with me. I thought he looked like a Victor Krum knock-off, and had the vocabulary of approximately one hundred words, most of them being different dialects of grunts.

"Could you please just leave me alone?" I asked and walked right by him, jumping down the stairs by three's in an attempt to escape. He kept a steady pace with me and continued to speak.

"Acelynne, would you please go to the Yule Ball with me? I promise, I will give you a night you will never forget" he spoke, reaching behind me to touch the small of my back. This caught me off guard, and in my state of shock, I tripped, yet again, and I tumbled down the stone steps on my arse.

"Do not call me Acelynne" I said, sitting at the bottom of the stairs in all of my shame. My god why was I such a complete and hopeless dork?

"Shoo Bulgarian! Go back to your lair!" Laura called to him and he obeyed. Merlin, she had the power to make men do whatever she said. "But you know he is right, you do need a date to the Yule Ball."

"Oh yah? Do you two have dates yet?" Laura and Kelly nodded and helped me up. "WHO!"

"Well I'm going with Jean-Marc" Kelly added extra French accent to his name and blushed visibly.

"But I'm sticking to good old fashioned Hogwarts boys. I have Zack Mulley to escort me" Laura laughed at my now ripped jeans. "So get a move on girl before all of the good guys are taken!"

"Bah, I don't think I want some prat trying to touch my arse all night, thank you" I brushed off my bum and continued on my way down the stairs. "Did you hear Richter? He'll give me a night I'll never forget. Well, I highly doubt that. I mean I haven't even gone on a date with him yet and he's quite familiar with my arse."